Projects been thinking on this for some time now!

callsign4223

Staff member
With 2 rotors and 2 motors, it better be able to lift enough for a HUGE battery pack. If it was 1 motor split 2 ways it would still need to be a massive motor to spin both rotors, still probably a 12s setup.

murankar

Staff member
getting into the the 660 to 700 size at that point. Well a real ch-46 can carry HMMWVs with additional weight. Anyhow had a late night last night with a super early wakeup today = very tired.

callsign4223

Staff member
Think of rotational mass. 2 x 450 size rotor head is 900. There is no tail rotor to account for, so 700 size motor and power pack would probably suffice.

Tony

Staff member
You can't make the rotors spin at different speeds. To keep it scale, the Chinook's blades actually fly in the same flight path and are sequenced to do so. The front and rear tail rotor will be locked together.

My opinions on powering this is 450 blades (if we want to go that small) with a 500 or 600 motor running a 6s setup holding 6000mah worth of lipo's. I'm sure this setup would be able to lift a good 15lbs if needed.

Tony

Staff member
I have a video that I made a couple years ago (I think) of a Chinook starting up, taxing and taking off. In the video you can clearly see everything that we are talking about in this thread. I think it would be pretty cool to make this happen, but i'm afraid that this heli would end up costing MORE than the Nitro 600 lmao.

Tony

Staff member
But it would be OHHHH so worth it.

That seals the deal. I will do the custom building and Matt is going to finance it. You know my paypal, once I receive the money, I will go out and order the CNC machine, the blocks of aluminum and the electronics. Let's get started...

Tony

Staff member
I think I'm going to start playing the lotto every week. More for fun than anything. Would be nice to have enough money in the bank to not worry about it anymore.

Top Bottom