Been a while, but here's some heli action!

Tony

Staff member
That was some good flying. When are we going to see YOU fly? lol

And was someone shooting at the heli with a paintball gun?

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, that was pretty cool. Sucks to see a good flying plane being destroyed, but hope the ones shooting had a good time.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
Yeah, it was all for the fun of the club.

The secret is, that I figured the size was a bit small for the motor/battery combo I intended to use, but I built it anyway. That was a "shakedown" to be sure the proportions were about right - which they were. I didn't lose any components, just 2/3 of a sheet of 6mm Depron, and my time (4 hours). No biggie. I harvested and wiped down all the parts, and have already started on the larger version - that I will be flying as long as it lasts! :triumphant:

SGIS

Tony

Staff member
Nice. That was the first video I have seen of it in the air, and it looks like it's pretty darn stable. I need to get my butt in gear and finish all of these other projects so that I can get mine finished. Pretty bad when the person that put the plans up can't even get one built lol.

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
I have scaled it up a bit for the current build. There is a bit of wing rock with my power combo at low speed in the size you see in the videos. But, along with scaling up to work with the 370 motor, and 1350 3S batteries, I will be adding vortice generators to the main wing. I haven't decided on placing them along the wing tip or moving them in about an inch or so. I'll just do what feels right when I get the airframe built.

I need to piece the printouts together right now, and then I'll get the Depron cut out... Who knows how much I'll get done, but I know that once I get the knives out I tend to be in it for the long haul!

This one is going to get a carbon fiber landing gear so I can use the runway. Landing in the grass takes its toll on Depron. I'll take some video along the way as well.

See ya!

SGIS

- - - Updated - - -

man that is some nice flying on that egg beater!

how long have you been flying for?

Westy, it would be all wrong for me to lay claim to those flying skills.

That was Ryan, the kid that works at the LHS. He's (maybe) 17 yrs. old and has been flying for over ten years already. He's a really good kid, and flies 3D in helis and planes equally well!

Sorry to disappoint!

SGIS

Lee

Very nice flying. I'm glad you said 10 years and not 6 months or something :D

Top Bottom