FBL Gyro Beastx setup OMG

Slobberdog

Well got the beastx fitted on the 250 and done the setup eventually, as reading what to do and then doing it was a bit time consuming,

Now I have flown the beastx and the ikon and the 3Gx and now I know I will not be going back to the 3gx ever,

Set the beast up but not touched any of the parameters menu so I have a lot of fine tuning to do, but I had to hover it, it's another patience moment, and I really like the feel of the Heli and how much more connected and responsive it feels next the tuning phase, but I think a bit more reading first.

image.jpg

But need to do a bit more dremeling on the under carriage so I can get to the gain pots.

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Thanks Derek, I just can't believe how much of a difference it is,

The brain 3gx difference was vast, but this is just as much of a difference,

treff

Thanks Derek, I just can't believe how much of a difference it is,

The brain 3gx difference was vast, but this is just as much of a difference,

Hi Kev.
Are you saying that the BeastX is miles better than the Brain ?
250 looking good.

Tony

Staff member
Kev, if your gyro is the same as what's in the AR7200BX, I never changed my settings from default. You set your head up, and the damn thing just WORKS!

The only reason I'm still jacking (really wanted to use a different word there...) with teh 3GX is because I"m trying to help all of the members that have one. But I have been long done with that gyro. The BX is so much better than the 3GX, it's not even in the same league. I need to play with the Ikon to get to know that one, but I"m sure I will have the same feelings for it.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Kev, I believe the difference is the AR7200BX does not require a receiver. I love mine it made my 450 brilliant. Prefer the Brain but they are very similar:)

Slobberdog

Hi Kev.
Are you saying that the BeastX is miles better than the Brain ?
250 looking good.

Treff no not quite the ikon is simply wicked

Kev, if your gyro is the same as what's in the AR7200BX, I never changed my settings from default. You set your head up, and the damn thing just WORKS!

The only reason I'm still jacking (really wanted to use a different word there...) with teh 3GX is because I"m trying to help all of the members that have one. But I have been long done with that gyro. The BX is so much better than the 3GX, it's not even in the same league. I need to play with the Ikon to get to know that one, but I"m sure I will have the same feelings for it.

Yeah Tony it's the same just as Graham has said no rx built in, second hand so have to go through everything unfortunately but first impressions is it's freaking good

Tony

Staff member
I had my BX on the 600 Nitro and as I said, stupid stable. At the time, no governor though. So in came the Ikon, and the massive headaches, then they release the governor lol. Really need more birds to put these gyros on ...

Slobberdog

Reset the parameters to default but with a little more cyclic response, and the heli feels wicked, only had a good hover at the moment, as on daughter sitting duty, but it feels a lot more stable and locked in than the 3GX,

Don't get me wrong I had the 3Gx set up pretty well on this 250 but the bird has seemed to come alive with this beastx on it as a comparison

I am by no means a 3gx hater as it's a good gyro, but the beastx and the ikon I have on two of my birds now are so much better,

Next a 700 to put a V-bar on to see what that's like, omg only kidding btw,

Graham Lawrie

I just found the change from 3GX to AR7200BX massive, the heli did what I wanted it to:) Then when I got the MSH Brain...........WOW:)

Slobberdog

I just found the change from 3GX to AR7200BX massive, the heli did what I wanted it to:) Then when I got the MSH Brain...........WOW:)

The brain is good, and I think more tuneable, but as a basic out of the box gyro, there's not a huge gap between the two, but a huge gap between them and the 3gx,

Just need better weather and more time to fly,

Graham Lawrie

Not really:)LOL waiting for them to dry:) final coat:) maybe some flying tomorrow if weather is ok:) Looking at a camera so I can get video:) PS don't tell the Mrs:)

Top Bottom