FBL Gyro Beastx 7300

reb1080

I've heard a lot about, and am running a 7200 but I don't see much on the 7300. Any info, details, on the new beast?

Tony

Staff member
As for the programming, it's pretty much exactly the same. The main difference is you can run high voltage through the 7300 where as you can't with the 7200. If you are running the 7200 now, and have no plans on running over 8.5 volts to your servos (the 7300 can handle 9.6 volts), then just stick with the 7200. No sense in spending more money on the same flying style, which is awesome! lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Tony. Well...... I had to do it. I had to buy the AR7300BX. The AR7200BX is $159.90 on E bay and I found the AR7300BX for $ 114.99, "GoNitroHobbies" for that price......... I got to give it a try. Like you stated, their the same but the 7300 can handle high voltage. I also pick up one of those HobbyWing 50aV3 ESC/program box. Time to step up the Gaui X3 electronics. :)

Tony

Staff member
Holy crap, that is a smoking price bro!!! I would have gotten it for that price as well!!! Nice find!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I should of order one for my 450. Maybe later on down the road. Looks like 7300 is to bulky for the 450 but for the price I will find a place to mount it.

reb1080

The guys at the local hobby shop here told me they are on sale right now for around $120. That's the reason I started this thread. I ordered one for future use. You might want to check it out...........

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked Horizon Hobby web site. $129.99 ............ Must be coming out with a new version soon?

Tony

Staff member
For this price I'm almost tempted to get one. We will see how the interview goes first.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm tell you.... for the price,you can't go wrong. GoNitro has them for $114.99

reb1080

I'm currently installing this AR7300bx in my T rex 550L with a soft switch (included). Do I just plug a 2 cell lipo into it? I thought I saw somewhere that I need to disconnect the red wire from the throttle plug coming from the Talon 90? I'm replacing the 7200 I've had on it, so I can use it on a 450 size.

Tony

Staff member
You only need to remove the red wire from the ESC IF it has a built in BEC. In all reality, you can remove the red and black wires no matter what and it will be just fine. Or should.

Tony

Staff member
It's out pleasure reb! If there is anything else we can help out with, just let us know.

Top Bottom