1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Misc. Beast Plus Update Charge??

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by liquid1, Feb 2, 2018.

< Spektrum H3050 & Servo Centering Tool | My New Charging Case Setup >
  1. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Mobile hydraulic technician
    I’ve been watching some YouTube videos on the Beast plus and is it true to update with laptop it’s an extra $120 or more. Figured updates would be free with kit purchase am I wrong

2. Admiral

Admiral Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    Yes sad but true, if you want the advance features you have to pay for them, I don't think its fair.
    I have a BeastX Plus and it works great, but I'm slowly moving my gear across to iKon because the Auto Level and Bailout are included as well as any updates.

liquid1 and Tony like this.
  3. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    That is true. I'm not sure on the exact amount, but somewhere around a bill for sure. The reason for this is because a stock BeastX gyro doesn't have self level or bailout (or whatever they call it). It is a FANTASTIC gyro out of the box, but for beginners, the self level and recovery is great. I just can't believe they would charge that much to someone just getting into the hobby....

liquid1 likes this.
  4. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Crap my wife’s gonna kill me she says all my toys are the gift that keeps on giving lol from my dirt bikes to my rc stuff, me as a beginner will I be fine without the attitude and other functions or is it recommended to up grade right off the bat , I think the 470 lm super combo kit comes with the Beast x plus. I know the 470 lm is not a novice helicopter kit but I want to make the best of it. Not gonna tell my wife yet she will not be pleased. I was not expecting the extra setup cost.

5. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Yep I found it in there manual to reciever all the control operations there’s a up fit cost this is disappointing if someone wants the pro edition Errrr

Attached Files:

6. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Ok I’m not sure but the manual with the Beast x plus says free updates I need to buy the gongle or wifi module just got the kit un boxed

Attached Files:

7. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, the BeastX 'Pro' upgrade cost is a scam as far as I'm concerned. You cant even find out the price until you actually have the unit, plus you have to pay extra just for the USB dongle which every other manufacturer provides free.

Personally what I did with the Microbeast that came with my last Trex Super Combo kit was sold it still in it's box and bought a different FBL. I went for the Spirit Pro (highly recommended) but the Brain2 or ikon2 are great options too. If you want stability and rescue then selling the Microbeast probably works out cheaper, plus out of principal i didn't want to give BeastX money this way.

Mikado are the other company that does the same scam, it seems to be a 'German thing'. Mikado arent quite as bad because at least the upgrade costs are published on their web site, unlike BeastX.

8. Tony

Blog Posts:
    +1 on selling and getting an Ikon2. I like BX, they are great, but if you are looking for self level features, go ikon2 or brain2

9. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for the info, kinda stuck with what came in the kit for now , so I’m hoping to make it work gonna hold my nose and order in The gongle, Were in a ice storm so I’m trying to look everything over and watching build videos this is gonna be fun..I love stuff like this

10. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Don't get us wrong, if you can fly a CP helicopter, then the gyro as it sits is FANTASTIC! Very stable and you don't need a computer to tune it.

liquid1 likes this.
  11. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Now they have a Beast x plus HD Guess once the buttons, lights and letters are figured out some like it due to field adjustments. I like my harley Vance n Hines FP3 tuner I can do over my phone . Takes seconds and its ready.
    Microbeast Plus HD | HorizonHobby

12. Admiral

Admiral Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    The HD version is designed to be used on 600 size and upward that run larger HV Servos, hard core 3D flyers with larger helicopter would get an advantage by using them but sports flyers would not notice the difference.

Price for the Pro upgrade on the BeastX site is 99 euro.

liquid1 likes this.
  13. liquid1

liquid1 Member

Blog Posts:
    Admiral, Dang that's almost $125 , Sounds like its got a good Beginner mode, Like Tony said sad they charging beginners this up fit charge . Like the Srxl its new to me for sure. I'm stepping up from bind n flies.. I'm not getting any younger better get a nice helicopter in the air while my reflexes are still semi working..

< Spektrum H3050 & Servo Centering Tool | My New Charging Case Setup >