450 Bearing question

treff

Could anyone tell me how difficult it is to change the main shaft bearings on a 450. It something I have never done but I noticed some scoring on
the main shaft at the bottom bearing so thought I would take them out. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers and thanks in advance.

Tony

Staff member
They are pretty easy. Might have to head the block up to get them out, but they should press right out.

treff

Thanks very much to all. I will send for some. My main shaft is very scored at the bottom bearing and I have a strange wobble every now and again that looks
like it could turn serious so I will send for spares in the morning from Align. I will give then a ring and make sure their bearings fit into the HK block. Thanks again.
I think this is the first part that as actually worn out on a heli i own instead of being destroyed on impact so must be getting better LOL Cheers

treff

Thanks to all for info. Yes easy job to do. Now changed out but still got a bit of a wobble. I think the belt as a worn tooth or teeth causing a slight wobble. I have changed everything else lol.
Thanks again lads. Cheers

murankar

Staff member
If this is on a T-Rex 450 pro (belt version) designed kit then I would check the front tail case pulley. This would be the one that has the gear on it. Check and make sure that is straight and not bent.

treff

Thanks murankar I will have a look at this, last thing on the heli to change lol. Its the slightest of wobbles and not all the time which is the puzzling thing. Cheers

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I had that happen to me on my EXI 450 pro. Unfortunately I grounded it before I could fix it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom