Scale Bavarian Demon Or Neo

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
OK so I’ve never used a Vbar on a scale ship but I know it would work. But been thinking about a Bavarian Demon. Never use one at all, thoughts?

Tony

Staff member
The Bavarian reminded me of the Ikon when I set it up for a member. Was very stable and predictable and just worked as most good gyros should. And I am the last person to ask about the Neo lol. That is something to ask @murankar

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I have a brand new NEO but the issue is it wont fit length wise where it needs to be so I would have to use the external gyro sensor, more $$. The Demon looks like it would fit nicely and lots of people use them on scale birds. But I'll have to buy that also.

Smoggie

I've used the new Bavarian Demon Axon (and an old 3SX), I've got an Axon fitted to a Henseleit TDR.. It's a decent unit, it has a few of it's own little setup 'quirks' that you need to get used to but I found it pretty easy to setup overall. Default settings are very aggressive compared to most FBL. Tail stops for instance are very hard and cyclic response extremely 'direct' which can make it feel twitchy, this is all tunable but the naming of the settings is a little cryptic.

The Axon is a very nice unit overall but for the price I'd rather go for the Spirit Pro (which has a similar layout and size to the Axon/3SX). Tomas (the guy behind Spirit) used to be the developer for Bavarian Demon and he took all of that knowledge with him when he setup Spirit. In my opinion the Spirit is the better unit, plus is significantly cheaper. The Spirit is more advanced especially if you are interested in stability options and want to use telemetry and programming integration. Spirit also has an optional 'Geolink' module that will give you return to home, position hole and a whole bunch of other GPS related options (if you like that sort of thing).

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Lol, when I first seen 4379.36, I about fell over..... Then realized its Koruna lmao. Thats under 200 US.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah I went and ordered one (Spirit Pro that is). I would love the GPS but its big and needs to be mounted on the tail boom. I just don’t think it would look good. I could always add it later....

Matt

That GeoLink thing looks pretty cool.. never crash and never have to buy parts and wait for the parts to be shipped.. in one crash it might be well worth its price.. plus the added benefit of being able to practice with out worrying about crashing.. could be like a SIM.. I would just wonder how difficult it is to set up..

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Got the Spirit today. Comparing the size to others it should fit nicely in the limited space I have and the top pins should work out great. FBL.JPG

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Smoggie, well I actually have it ready to test fly but a bit nervous. I've been though the setup 10 times to be sure and everything seems right. Its been pretty cold here so thats my excuse...lol. One thing I had asked on the Spirit forum but got no reply was about the tail gain and expo. I assume that is adjusted in the transmitter. I took the manuals recommendation on things. They give examples of other fbl units. For instance, if you are coming from Vbar do this, and if your coming from BeastX do this and so on... that will give you similar feel. I started thinking I should have tried it on a pod and boom first but to late now..
T

Smoggie

By default tail gain is set to channel 5. You should see the bar move on the gain channel in the setup software’s ‘diagnostic’ screen when you change gain in the Tx.

you can un-allocate gain from its channel and make changes in the software instead but you would normally only do that if short of channels.

Top Bottom