Setups Battery wires to my video rx

Derek

The battery lead to my vrx has the round plug to the bottom of the vrx case. The other end of the lead has two bare wires (obviously the positive and negative). These two wires look to be 26 gauge wire. Will that wire be safe enough to run the 3S battery? Perhaps I'm just overthinking this whole thing...I just don't want anything bad to happen to my setup. I have some 20 gauge wire that I can use to extend the power cable and solder a battery plug to it. I don't want a melt-down.

Or...will those wires be "just fine" because the vrx is only going to pull a small amount of power and the wires are as safe as can be?

Derek

Thanks Lee! I'm gonna take tomorrow off work so I can get some things done around the house and I'll get my fpv stuff soldered up. I want to take it to my Dads house and put the camera and vtx on his rc truck for some testing.

How long will a 3S 2200mah lipo power my vrx?

Lee

I run mine straight off my flight pack, but i expect it will last quiet a while.

Derek

I'll have to do some research on how to hook that up to the flight pack. All my 2200's have deans plugs and my vtx has a jst plug.

Lee

I make up my own leads for the VTX. I use servo wires.
For power to the VTX I remove the signal wire and slice off that piece of the connector to fit into the VTX.
Then for the VTX to camera I use a full servo wire as I don't need the fourth wire for audio.

Derek

Maybe I need to post a video that will show my FPV setup. Then you guys can give me suggestions.

Top Bottom