450 Battery Question

murankar

Staff member
I second what Derek said. I am not sure any thing bigger than 2250 will fit due to the size of the pack. Plus the weight may offset CG.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

The bigger you go mah wise the greater the weight,

so what you gain time wise due to the increase in mah, you will probably lose due to the increase in weight, also a 25c battery is lighter than a 45c battery,

so if your only doing sport flying or learning you would be better off going for a lower c rated battery, my 25c batteries are 10 grams lighter than my 30c batteries and 15 lighter than my 33c batteries that's between 5-10% differences

Slobberdog

Nah Turnigy 2200 20c batteries, none in US warehouse at the moment but they have them in international for $8 each

murankar

Staff member
Don't go below 25c on the packs. A 2200 25c pack will produce 55 amps continuous. 20c may not be enough amps and could produce warm packs after a flight.

Derek

Oh wow!!! A 3S 5000mah battery is way too much for a 450 helicopter. Your CG will be way off and there is no way that you'll get your canopy on the helicopter. I suggest looking around for a 2200 or a 2250, at most.

murankar

Staff member
Dude, 2200 or 2250 at 25c- 35c is all you will need. Anything more than that will be a waist of money unless you have a 3s quad.

Tony

Staff member
I concur with the others, the 5000 will be way too heavy for the 450. You can get away with a 2650mah, but that is it. Anything else, not only being too heavy, will not fit under the canopy.

murankar

Staff member
Wasting money is buying a pack that won't fit the frame or buying a pack that is 15 or 20c. If you stick with 2200 2250 or 2650 at 25c-35c you'll be golden for a 450 class with 325mm blades.

If you decide You want a 6s at some point just mention it and we will give you the suggested setup.

Ps
You can get away with a 20c pack if your just doing some hovering and basic moving around. Anything beyond that you will want more than 20c.

murankar

Staff member
Exactly what problems are you having? Most 450 sized helis will fit a 2200 mah pack.

Is you pack slid forward a lot for CG?

Did you have to make your own mounting holes in the canopy?

Top Bottom