General Battery cell # question...

I am sending back a Castle Creations ESC for non-warranty repair. They want to know how many cells are in my battery/batteries. I was running (2) 7.4V, 2S, 20c 5000mAh batteries in series.

What is the answer to the question, "How many cells am I using?" I'd like to know how many total, and how many per battery.

I know this is a simple question but I want to fill out the form correctly so there are no mixups. I also have come to know that I won't get ridiculed for not knowing something most everyone else knows, so thank you all in advanced for the kindness you've shown in answering my questions!

Best,

RP - ZiklagPhilistine

Hey RP

Each cell in a lipo is 3.7 volts. Your 7.4 volt batteries therefore have 2 cells in each, which is what the 2S stands for.

If you've got 2 x 2S batteries in series then you have a 4 cell battery pack equating to 14.8 volts.

Hope this helps

Just to add to this

1S = 1 cell - 3.7 volts
2S = 2 cell - 7.4 volts
3S = 3 cell - 11.1 volts
4S = 4 cell - 14.8 volts

And so on

Last edited:
I thought that was it, but I wanted to make sure I gave CC the right info - thanks VERY much for answering the newbie questions without being judgmental - this forum is excellent.

Thank you for all your help.

Best,

RP

I thought that was it, but I wanted to make sure I gave CC the right info - thanks VERY much for answering the newbie questions without being judgmental - this forum is excellent.

Best,

RP

Your very welcome, that's what this site is all about, helping others, You won't find a judgemental member on here, nor will you ask a question that we think is too trivial or simple. We have all been newbies at some time, I'm still newish... Lol

Happy flying

Derek

Best,

RP

Hey there, RP! I'd just like to emphasize that we DO NOT and WILL NOT judge anyone for being a beginner. I like to use "beginner" instead of "newbie", lol. Anyway...each and every one of us were once a "beginner" and we asked a lot of questions, did some research, did some trial and error, and we all learned from it. You will too. Stick around buddy! We'll help ya!

Top Bottom