batt video

I just watch tony battery video.Some of it was confusing.the math thing he was doing, but when he got to the batt charger it opened my eyes.I have been using the small charging box that comes with the aircraft and the batt and the charger gets hot.Now that i saw the video, i will not be using those charger box's and going to get the charger the tony had in the video

Tony

Staff member
Let me know what was confusing and I will try to explain a little better. And the SkyCharger B6AC is a great charger, but the Thunder AC6 is almost the same, and is cheaper. worth looking into.

when you were saying take the MAH x somethingelse divided by something(????????). you(tony) were taking about 3 s 3c cell, 6s something cells.Thats what was confusing.I dont knowhow else i can explain it. I understand what 3cell 3s means, 6cell 3s is where is starts to get confusing.I do know that 3s or 3cell? is a 11.1 volt, and 6cell3s(?) is 22.2 volt.But after that you lost us,till you got to the charger one then you got us back

Tony

Staff member
Just remember it this way, each "S" is a cell. 1s is one cell, 2s is two cell and so on. I don't think I said anything about 6s 3cell though unless I was comparing something.

When I was showing the equations, I was showing how to find the amp rating for the battery. I explain it a lot better in the "Matching Motor, Battery, & ESC" video. To break it down, you take the MAH of the battery and multiply it with the C rating. Then, you divide the sum by 1000 to see the amp rating the battery can handle.

Let me know if that helps you out at all.

Top Bottom