450 Ball links needed

Hey guys I need some ball links for this KH450 build. The ones that go from the 3 cyclic servos to the swash..

What are those links called that you don't have to keep taking off to adjust, I fancy some of those if they will work on this setup

The balls on the swash are 4.7mm in diameter.

I also need some advice on fitting balls to the servo horns, not sure what to do here...

image.jpg

These ones don't fit
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

pvolcko

Turnbuckle style links is what you're after.

As for the servo horns. Not sure what you're asking for here. Just use some elbow to get the ball threads started into the plastic, then screw them in like normal. If you have to either drill out the servo horn hole you want to use to get it closer to the ball thread diameter, or use an exacto to ream it a bit. Don't go too crazy with this, though, need to make sure the threads bite.

thanks Paul, i wasnt sure if just screwing into the plastic horn would be good enough!! they feel quite tight as ive tried it. maybe drop of CA to secure them. what do you think...

yeah thats them...lol, turnbuckles, for the life of me i couldnt remember the name..... old age man....lol

murankar

Staff member
I have used my exacto knife. I just ream out the top part of the whole. This allows the threads to start. My Protos mini was a pita to do and the Gaui x3 was not so bad.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

I have used my exacto knife. I just ream out the top part of the whole. This allows the threads to start. My Protos mini was a pita to do and the Gaui x3 was not so bad.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

thanks URI, ive got them in now.

stripping the head and swash now to threadlock the necessary bolts.

Lee

If finding the right links for those balls is hard Tony, why not just swap the balls over from your old swash?
A bit of CA is a good idea on the servo arms. I also screw a nut on the back of mine if theres room.

pvolcko

If you have a nut to put on the back of the horn, certainly go ahead and use them with some loctite. Otherwise a drop CA onto the threads should be good. Plastic/metal junctions are pretty resilient to vibration so they don't back out very often. Just make sure the ball link isn't binding on the ball and you should be good.

Thanks Lee and Paul, I've put a drop of CA glue on the threads just to be sure, haven't got any nuts to put on the back. They feel pretty solid so I'm good to go with those..

Thanks everyone for the ideas... My turnbuckles should be here Tuesday or Wednesday from align so they will be brill I recon..

murankar

Staff member
On the three kits I have owned or own have nuts on the backs. I used thread lock on the nuts for the Gaui and the Protos had Nylock nuts so nothing was needed to secure them. Now my EXI was the same as the Protos mini, I used thread lock on the nuts to hold those on.

---update

I also noticed on your swash you have the ears that stick out with ball links. My Gaui swash is the same style on the links that control the blade grips link up on those ball llinks. Is yours the same way or is your current setup supposed to be what you have pictured, just curious?

Last edited:
Top Bottom