Bad gut feeling when I finally got my sim cable and hooked up my dx6i in Phoenix 3.0

Morelight

Fearless Freep
The cable arrived today, GWS-GWFSM002B cable, USB to 1/8" trainer port cable I got from eBay, and its supposed to work with Spektrum Tx. My concern is that using the stock Dx6i profile in Phoenix, and my Tx model loaded is the stock setup for an mCPX, the mappings with the Tx sticks were not what I expected. When I went to fly a bird in the sim, I found that my throttle was the right stick up and down. My rudder was the right stick left and right. My pitch is mixed with my rudder, not the collective. ie: my Tx is sending chan 4 as pitch and rudder as chan 6 by default. Holy moly.

I am ascared now let me tell you. These are not Mode 2 controls by default. I ordered a Mode 2 Dx6i. Is it possible they sent me the wrong type? Could it actually be a brand new Dx6i that has been the root problem with my real world mCpX V2?

I went and created a custom controller profile, that works with my controller using Mode 2 setup like I am used to. I've attached a picture of the configuration I need in order to use my Tx and fly in the sim using it, which I want to do. Take note of which channels control which function, and which channels I had to reverse. I'm too old to scream, but I want to. :sad0147:

Thanks for looking and advice.

Vince

Dx6i setup 6ch in Phoenix.jpg

Dx6i setup 6ch in Phoenix.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Re: Bad gut feeling when I finally got my sim cable and hooked up my dx6i in Phoenix

Just flip the channels around in the sim. Your Tx is just fine, and is a mode 2, don't worry. Even I have to remap the controller in RF6 for it to work correctly.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Re: Bad gut feeling when I finally got my sim cable and hooked up my dx6i in Phoenix

Thanks Tony. phew!!! I looked at a lot of forum posts about simming Phoenix with a Dx6i. None of the responders seemed to have a handle on this situation. Now I feel chagrined. Happy to read you have some kickin' internet now. Great news. :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member

I don't know about "Kickin' Internet", but it's better than what I had. I am trying to get Phoenix so that I can fly with those that have it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

I havent used phoenix.. but i just noticed in my clearview, to have the throws woring correctly every time, I have to go to control panel , in controllers, and just "caliberate" my controller throws and buttons to the windows first, that also helps the software in windows to recognize what are you running on the controller. Once you do that, it might also help in this issue.

Tony

Staff member

I have to recalibrate in clearview every time I open it. but, recalibration is different from remapping.

Morelight

Fearless Freep

The first thing I did was go to control panel and check to see the Tx axis and travel page, before trying to config it for Phoenix. Errrm in this Win7 64 I have, windows finds the USB sim cable as a PPM USB controller adapter. When I went to the test page there, I had to stay with the default settings, because the Tx is seen as a gamepad, and I can't complete the calibration section. Some of the calibration screens call for the right stick to move in certain ways and some of those ways have no output with the Dx6i, so I could not complete the cali.

You guys are thinkers. I like that. :p

Lee

I don't Phoenix. But in Heli-X you don't change anything on the TX. Just start with a clean Airplane model (even for helis) and change nothing. Then go into the calibration menu on the sim and follow the instructions.. Obviously this is a different sim, but just for your info :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

tony... i dont have to do that anymore.. i talked to stephen, and he emailed me back that i need to calibrate my tx with the inbuilt windows software. after that. i never have to ever do that.. :)

i think all tx's should be done that way.. makes sense.. but thats just me :)

Top Bottom