Back on Clearveiw

Slobberdog

I can't believe the importance of practice, I would never have thought that the use of a simulator would be anything near to that of real life in the flesh flying, but TBH ten mins of hovering a week aint gonna cut anything, you will never become a pilot doing it that way, I know this now, and the realisation has only hit me this week.

As most are aware I had issues with my Trex100x so was not able to use it and while it was away being fixed I did not have the controller which is what I was using with the sim.....

had The heli back last weekend and used loads of Batteries through it and its getting to feel like I have some idea where it is gonna go when I throw it in the air,

But back to the subject Clearview, or any other sim, people think that they are not realistic like myself, I have not spent out on the expensive one its just a feeling of playing a computer game that throws me, but HELL NO, spent about an hour on the sim last night flying both heli's and planes, YES PLANES, I had great fun, especially with the PLANE, lol..... I did not think it would give me so much thought but the practice you get with directional control is great, as I am new this, this is where I suffer greatly.

By the end of the session I could fly around myself with a plane and nearly land it, and the heli's I was pushing around and the feeling of knowing what direction it was going and most of the time be able to catch and correct it, dont get me wrong real life does not have a reset button, but hell if you can use a sim I recon for 15 mins a day your flying will improve greatly, especially people that are new to this hobby as like ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought I would give you all this revolution, Dont think you will make a tail dragger of me yet but flying them in the sim was great fun............:glee::glee::glee:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Moved this to the Paid Simulator / Clearview section since this is a paid sim.

You are right, as long as you don't treat it as a game, it's a great tool that is invaluable to this hobby. Some of the top sims are expensive, but they are well worth it IMO.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, yes your right, its not a game, and yes the more you pay the more you get development wise I believe, but as I said above I had great fun, and feel I learnt loads, more sim time and heli time later.....

Tony

Staff member
I really need to send them an email and have my account reset so that I can fly on there just to compare. Just need a fairy to give me more time in a day lmao.

Slobberdog

I think we all need a clock like Santa has to stop time, LOL,

never enough time in the day.....................:glee:

Lee

I'm really slack at the moment. I haven't touched my sim for months and maybe only a couple of times in the last year. I should start again as it really does accelerate your skills on the real heli.

Whirlybird

Seriously Kev . . . I feel the little Quads are a much better learning tool. They are controlled and fly just like a regular copter, but are very crash worthy (KillerofDolts seems to have managed to kill two of them, but that's what you get for having the word "Killer" in your name :)).

To become a proficient RC pilot you MUST get the "orientation" thing down. When the aircraft is facing a different direction, your mind must automatically make the adjustment in control. This only comes with a lot of practice. It can be expensive if you use a regular aircraft (I'm including planes in this too), so the sim is a big help here. But I have found that these little Quads like my Syma and the Beetle that Lee and others have shown, can give you the REAL flying experience, without much fear in crashing!!!!!

Whirlybird's "Quadie"

My wifes new toy

Got my V929 Beetle Quadcopter in the mail...

Oh . . . did I say they are cheap ?!?!?!?!?!?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd . . . . You can fly them indoors in a cramped space :)

Last edited:

Slobberdog

had considered a quad every one in the club i am going to is using them, but as my 100x is now flying great, i am gonna stick with that for now, have I feel learned loads this week, and its all down to stick time, feel like I am covered in teeth marks from goten bitten so badly by this hobby!!!!!!!!!:excitement:

Whirlybird

It usually bites you in the rear end . . . where your wallet is :yikes:

:yikes: Or your head off . . . when the wife finds out what you spent :yikes:

Last edited:

canongraphy

Kev you are absolutely right, sim time helps and I am on it every chance I can be.
I had clearview but gave it to a bud at work, he will be joining the site soon too, I gave it to him when I got the Phoenix4 I like it better myself, but bottom line, any sim is better than none.
And clearview works good. I just like I can work on certain areas with P4 but for learning orientation, they all work great and help.
keep practicing bro! :)

Top Bottom