Back into the game...

Ebola

2015-01-12 00.46.43.jpg

Hi there, my name is Toni.

I first started rc in 1980 when i bought my first tamiya car "the grasshopper " and then later the "Wild Willy 2 " i spent all my money on that.
3 years later i changed to air planes and it didn't take long before i bought my first nitro heli. In those days there where no gyros and no pc sims so here go's nothing...LOL :biggrin1:
I al so joined a club called "the golden wings"

Unfortunately getting older i needed to focus on studying and later starting my own business.... so 30 years later.......and unfortunately once you got rc flowing in your blood there is no escape...

So 2 years ago i met a friend with a very large piece of land and a rc plane and from there on ..well.... it all went down hill LOL :hump::hump: meaning my house is now full again with planes and helis.

Spending way to much money on rc... i'm HOOKED.
Lots has changed in 30 years it has become much cheaper and easier but then again sometimes even more difficult in some ways..(more electronics)

But I'm back and here to stay and hoping to learn more as i go along....and meet some new friends..

Sorry about my nickname (EBOLA) but i have had this name for 35 years now (gaming) and suddenly it has become big news...no offence :spankme:

See you all on the forum or in the field. :beerchug:

2015-01-12 00.46.43.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Man, 3D planes, helicopters, trainers, war birds, yeah you are more hooked than me now lmao.

Welcome to the forum Toni! I would like to see some video if these birds in the air!

:welcome1:

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Toni, it's hard to stay away isn't it, I've come back four times over 55 years.

Tony

Staff member
Was that a 500 missing it's tail? And i mean the fuse, not the size of its blades lol.

Ebola

Euuh are you talking about the hughes 500 hanging on the wall i put my trex 450 in there....

Ebola

That's my first new heli a cheap one just to have a try again and see if i still had the hang of it .....thunder tiger MD500 ready to fly transmitter included.
Cheap but it does the trick but its dead slow. You need to react 3 seconds in advance or its in the ground...LOL

Would not buy it again ....if you are a newbie youre better of with a cheaper 180CFX of a MCPX bl or so ....they can take a beating .

Tony

Staff member
I know for a fact that the mcpx can take a beating. I purchased one, beat the ever loving hell out of it, then upgraded it with an HP01 brushless upgrade and CF frame and it still took a beating until the servos died lol.

Ebola

Well instead of buying a sencond one i went for a multiplex funcopter because it was unbreakable they said and made of foam.....
on my first flight i manged to break it ..... the only reason was because its even more sluggish then the MD500.
DONT EVER BUY ONE.....OMG :emono:

Top Bottom