Back in the fold

treff

I can't really believe this. I sold my Agile 5.5 complete with all the trimmings to an old friend who gave me a cheque
for not an inconsiderable sum of money. Long to the short. He brought the said heli back this evening, said his wife
would not have another in the house. Not only did he bring it back the old bastard sorted out the Ikon, levelled the swash
and greased up the drives. What could I do......................................................................................................
I gave him his cheque back. A great feeling having very good friends.

murankar

Staff member
Dude thats a sign. You tried to forsake the heli gods and they showed you the way. In a way to bad he couldn't keep it, at the same time glad you got it back all sorted out.

Did he setup your tx also for the ikon?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Thats a sign Treff, for sure.
Keep it :)
I'm sure a member here will snap it up if you still want to sell it.

treff

To true about the gods. Yes it's ready to fly. The only thing the bugger did not do was tidy the wiring up because he'd run out of wire ties,
he use those ties you see on ice bags lol. I still think its on the heavy side but Bill whose been flying helis since the year dot thought is was a feather weight. lol
Cheers guys for all the help. Will let you know how the maiden goes. Got to find some where thats got a little more space.

Lee

Going from my first 450 to a 500 seemed like a huge difference in size.
You soon get use to it. The stability and visibility, will put a smile on your face very quickly.
Just take it steady, and as you say, find a big field to test it.
As I said Treff, If you need any help before the maiden on your settings, we can Skype and get it sorted.

treff

Thanks very much Lee it's greatly appreciated. No flying to day the weather is to bad. Back to normal for Wales rain, rain and rain. My
old friend Bill really is a card. He's built a couple of helis from scratch over the years using lawnmower engines. He even makes the frames out
of welded tubing. A real character. I just tidying up the wire and it's ready to go. I have spun it up without the blades and it sounds a like
a vacuum cleaner lol very, very quiet. Thanks again for all the help also thanks to Kev.

Top Bottom