General Back Flip

Matt

Needless to say but I busted this heli up pretty good. I busted the canopy into two pieces and the tail motor and stabilizer are busted up. I ordered parts so should be up and running soon. Learned a whole heck of a lot though..

murankar

Staff member
I wasn't trying to be funny, just wondering if it was a "dumb thumb".

To split a canopy and bust a motor it had to be a hard hit.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Matt. When I do any flips, back or front, or any rolls I make sure I'm in flight mode 2 at all time. That way my head speed is high and that way my heli can react quickly. That's just my way. Doesn't mean it's the right way :).

murankar

Staff member
Ideally you want both positive and negative collective. Head speed to some degree is not the issue. If your flying then you have enough head speed. What matters is collective management at lower head speeds.

Let's say we have a 360 class heli an hour head speed is 3500. That's a head speed that mist pilots would fly at. Collective management is less of an issue. Now that same heli at 2500 rpm is a bit different. Yeah it flies but if you flip the heli and don't watch you collective management then the motor will bog.

.60 class nitros were the same way. You had to be able to manage your collective or you would bog the engine.

I believe Matt is trying to do is learn how to flip and roll with minimal to no negative pitch. Then to top it off he was not in the right flight mode to do so.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Each heli and individual is different depending on motors and motor pinion and so on. My on the Gaui X3L is:
N)= 0,75,75,75,75
1)= straight 85
2)= straight 95

My 500 is:
N)= 0,75,75,75,75
1)= straight 85
2)= straight 90

My 450 Coastguard scale is:
N)= 0,50,75,75,75
1)= straight 80
2)= straight 85
This heli I rarely go into #2. These seem to work for me but maybe not for you. It's a matter of preference. URI like lower head speed so his might be different because I think he goes with a V curve on his set up. Other members will be different too. Hopefully they will post their settings that might help you out. Just my 2 cents :).

murankar

Staff member
The throttle is up to you. Its based around what head speed you want. You would have to do the math to figure out your head speed at a given throttle out put. A governor comes in handy here.

Top Bottom