Back at it

427jimmy

Just got back into the hobby after an 8 year lay off. Things do change dont they? When I stopped, electrics would barely fly. Look at them now!! Bought a Seagull 540 to get back into it. Probably do a big gas motor once I get rolling again. Thinking about a DLE 30 and a Super Stearman.
At my age you need BIG SLOW AIRPLANES !! :)

Westy

LEGEND
Great to see you here .... I am sure you will have some great tales and experience to share.

WELCOME

427jimmy

Great to see you here .... I am sure you will have some great tales and experience to share.

WELCOME

Thanks for the Welcome. This site seems to have a lot of users and useful information. I hope I can add something from time to time.

New Zealand. Beautiful Country. It's on my Bucket List!! :)

427jimmy

Welcome to the forum Jimmy. Look forward to see your exploits.

Thank you for the welcome. I get two responses and they are from opposite sides of the world!! Isn't technology wonderful? :) I will be glad to share some of my rc experiences (except for the pilot error ones)

Westy

LEGEND
We want the "Full Monty" Pilot error and all! that is how we all learn :) and teach at the same time! haha

Derek

Hey there, Jimmy! Welcome to the site! This place is great! I dunno what your age is but I'm 37 and I love the slow planes, too. I only have 1 fast plane and it's not even loaded with electronics yet. It's just fun to get out and fly.

427jimmy

Hey there, Jimmy! Welcome to the site! This place is great! I dunno what your age is but I'm 37 and I love the slow planes, too. I only have 1 fast plane and it's not even loaded with electronics yet. It's just fun to get out and fly.

Hi Derek
Got you beat by a mile , I'm 62. I see you're from Fort Wayne, were almost neighbors. :) Are you into electrics or fuel planes?

Derek

Where is Kettering Ohio in comparison to me? I fly electrics.

Here is a link to a thread about my current fleet.

Mountaindewdude76 Scratch Build Fleet

I also have an Align Trex 500e and I'm working on building a plane from Dollar Tree foam board that is currently 9.5 feet in length and the wingspan is currently 20 feet 5/8" long. I would guess to say that I am about 80-85% done with the plane.

Karubah

Welcome to the forum Jimmy. If you have any issues on RC this is the place to get it sorted,they are a helpful and friendly mob . Cheers Andy.

Tony

Staff member
Hey Jimmy, welcome to the forum. If you are looking for big and slow, look at the 12' Telemaster lol. That is about as slow as you can get lmao. Any 3D plane will not be slow, but they are not insanely fast either like a jet. I think my 50" Edge at full throttle hits about 50 or so in the air. Not that fast really.

:welcome1:

427jimmy

Kettering is a suburb of Dayton (home of the Wright Bros.) 20 ft wing!! How on earth would you get all thag to the field? :)

Derek

Kettering is a suburb of Dayton (home of the Wright Bros.) 20 ft wing!! How on earth would you get all thag to the field? :)

Well, I don't want to do any "thread jacking" so I won't talk too much about my plane here. I'm going to do an update video soon. You'll be able to see what I've done on the video.

Hey Jimmy welcome to the forum!!
My old man is very close in age to yourself, and he's not afraid of a bit of speed, sadly I'm not sure his fingers and eyes can keep up!!
He's going down the helicopter path at the moment!!
Welcome and enjoy! Look forward to hearing about your exploits!!
Keen on that super stearman as well!!

Top Bottom