Micro Awwww... Cute little collrctive pitch heli....

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
THE NANO is here!

image-379533369.jpg

image-346539801.jpg

Lhs got the first batch.. And I was there to witness it!! Had the owner set it up and spin it right then. He wasn't too happy but I persuaded him a little lol

First impressions:

Too small for any outdoor flying.
Too light which Is good that it won't break as much
VERY squirmy
Power: let's say msr collective pitch.. I would not like it after the bl mcpx and my 130x now. Underpowered for my taste

But still good for learning ..

Tail hold: as expected with an electric tail pitch pumps had a little give in tail. But we didnt do Inverted or 3d with it so can't tell yet

Has soft start that actually works unlike the mcpx that started with a jerk and tipped over

Remember this is not my Heli. It's just something I saw and felt trying out the first one in my area!! ;)

image-379533369.jpg

image-346539801.jpg

Last edited:

Adam

I'm glad I went with what we know works. I was contemplating waiting for this one

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Now let me tell you this it's got much more power than the mcpx because of the power to weigt ratio. It's head bogs but any Heli's head can bog.

Definitely not the best first collective pitch Heli as its a little too twitchy gets away quick. This video you'll add how it gets away crashes on concrete / othe Heli's and survives.

It's a bit too light and sensitive to drafts. You'll have a heck of a time flying it around outside with a light wind. Tell you what though I think if you master this sucker in wind you will be able fly anything .. I mean anything in wind. ;) lol

Here Is the video:

Nano cpx at Aero Hobbies - YouTube

As far as things that can go wrong. Not a whole lot in the Heli to go wrong like the mcpx. Three servos a board and two motors so there's is too little to really mess up.

130x is complicated. This bird is simple. If it flies it FLIES. It won't cause issues.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
There are a lot of micro junkies out there.

Plus winter indoor flying..

More durable bird

Expected lesser issues than mcpx with tail

;)

callsign4223

Staff member
I guess, it just seems like the MCPx is small enough and durable enough. If there are problems with the tail, then come out with a v3 that fixes them.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No... The problems are with the size and weight of mcpx. MCPX is perfect for the size and weight. It was Marketted as beginner bird... It's stable as far as micros go, and great for beginner.

This is a smaller lighter version of that that'll not have those issues. I mean tic toc-ing on such a bird required a good power to weight ratio and great tail hold. And this has it better than mcpx

Now believe me I am not gonna get it either. Lol I am just saying horizon has done a good job creating a Heli this small that actually works.

Walkera has been giving a shot at smaller 3d Helis for a while and they have been half Way successful.

I am all about power and where I can hear the blades thump the air hard. But that's gonna get limited as it gets colder and windier. While nano would fly in a gym on concrete floors

Mcpx was durable on grass but not nearly as much on concrete. Concrete took a huge toll on mcpx ESP with v2 which was sensitive to everything things started to wobble.

People I have read have smacked this thing inverted in the ground bending all links to servos (that's a lot of power) and have come out with no broke parts. I have seen pics too.

That says a lot! :)
People have brushless mods out already 2gms heavier than stock. Lol I wonder how that'll go. Lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom