Micro Awesome vid of a guy flying mcPX in a parking lot

Morelight

Fearless Freep
:yourock: to anyone who can fly any heli like that. at first I thought sport flying would be plenty cool... but nope its not :onthego: :love-struck: I have got to learn 3D flight. that is some addictive stuff right there. day 7 of no cigs people. smoked for 40 years and change. so i'm trading smoking up for flying hah!!

anywho.... this guy says he's flying a stock one. I might try his settings out, it seemed to work well for him. what y'all think on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

crashbash

Cool vid, well done on the smoking I quit just over two years ago after around 40 years also, although you don't seem to have loads more money.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Good replacement for smoking bud!

Awesome flying.. If you learn good collective management you can do wonders on this bird believe me!

To be honest though what he did , did not need upgrades seriously. I do that stuff over grass all the time... Remember over grass.. Lol I don't have confidence enough like that guy to do it over asphalt...

I'll try making a video today. :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Congrats from me as well on the smoking. I have been wanting to quit for over 10 years but have not found the willpower to do so yet. I have a feeling Chantex will be in my life soon though lmao.

As for the video, that was basic flips and inverted hovering. Practice every day, and you will be there in no more than 3 months. I was doing that kind of stuff today out in the wind lmao. I was over grass, and the wind would not let me get close to the concrete without slamming it into the ground, but I was having a blast with it.

I will have to check out his settings and see what I can come up with. Looks like he either has great collective settings, or his control is great. Either way, I will let you know.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I'm still not sure about using the 120 tail motor yet. He flies like Yngwie plays guitar. Flat out or to hell with it :p I reckon thats good in drag racing or a gun fight, but where is the stlye?

Tony

Staff member
Give it time, and this will be like a rich guy watching the opera, pure music listening to those blades and knowing the coordination needed to perform those stunts lol. The camera guy in that last video, not so much lmao.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I hear that. his audio reminded me of a scale heli flight by a known pilot (can't remember the vid), and it was almost like a Jim Carrey bit, where the dude couldn't just let the shot speak for itself and then ask questions when the pilot was done. Uh Uh..

The guy was constantly yapping questions at the pilot about what would happen if the wrong stick movements happened???, or if a part broke after lift off???. So a few seconds later after liftoff, this big scale heli hits the deck, and the camera guy (dead guy IMO), excitedly speaks something like, OMG did you all see that??? that just happened right here!!! what a fricking coincidence !!!!! wow how much is that going to cost to fix????

these are the people they put signs in planes for. the signs that read: Do not open door while in flight. Charlie Murphy calls these people "high functioning retards" :ohsnap1:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I was more talking about the camera shooting quality than the talking. I actually like them talking to the pilots like this because it gives you an idea of what to put in your heli to make it do that (if you had the thumbs for it lol). But I agree, I could hear that guy getting a little frustrated with the camera guy while he was flying. I will bet he would have told him to STFU if he was flying that 700 in the background lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
i bought smack talk rc video on mcpx...

found out that you really really donot need any type of upgrades to your stok mcox when you go brushless... like frame blade grips and all that stuff... bert did a throwdown 3d with it. and man! all stock it was so light and so good! i am happy cause an upgrade wont cost me 200 bucks.. 135 from wow and i will have a fully functional BL upgrade... with no soldering required. :)

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you get the HP05 and not the C05. Much more power with the HP05 for outdoor 3D. And I know I don't need the frame, but with that third bearing, and all that CF plus the boom mount to put a 3mm boom in there is just awesome :biggrin1:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I really don't think that NEEDED. But it's not bad to have.

I am going to go with the 9t I think the same one you said Is more powerful... It's 135 on wow. Comes with a 120sr tail.

Tony

Staff member
Yes it does. But get the CF frame as well and be cool like the rest of us!!!! Don't you just love peer pressure hehe.

murankar

Staff member
peer pressure got me into this 450 instead of the 250. I wounder who contributed to that one. HA HA HA HA

Morelight

Fearless Freep
once you get the 450 up and flying you will probably be happy though. I would imagine the 450 is much more stable than the 250. more expensive to fix, but if you keep your crashes confined to a sim??? any vids coming soon Matthias?? or later this year once you are re-posted?

murankar

Staff member
It takes a few weeks to get parts. I just fitted new parts on and still doing some configurations. I hope to have video tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
Actually the 250 and the 450 are close in price when you crash. But the 450 is much more stable than the 250.

Top Bottom