450 Autorotation to tight, help

Hello.

Just watched all of Tonys vid on how to build a clone and the Align pro build.

Wow, my build was sh*t comparing to his.

But anyways, Now that I've seen how his autorotation works I would like to have the same.

Now guys, I do have a clone, but a buddy of mine hit the number on a Align 450 pro dfc supercombo, so with my help and his and the vids, we would like to build it good, well I want to so I can steal it from him, haha.

Jokes aside, in Tonys vid, he explains what he did so the autorotation doesn't come to be so tight, but I really couldn't understand what he meant by the things he said.

I would love to see some pics or maybe taking it step by step.

Any help would be appreciated.

murankar

Staff member
The automatic rotation gear needs to spin freely once installed. If the bearing blocks are not spaced just right then it could cause the auto rotation gear to not spin freely. Also align ships a spacer with it, if that spacer is thick then the same will happen gear count spin freely.

Belt driven tails will have a certain feel to them that TT do not have. That feeling from a belt is what you will feel if the rotation gear is tight.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
The issue with the auto gear in the Align 450 was the shaft was just too tight in the bearing blocks. All I did was pinch the bearing blocks together so that I had just a slight amount of play in there. This free'd up the gear. Now, if you are running spacers or shims, and it's too tight, you can just remove those but remember, you don't want any excessive play in teh main shaft, but you want it to not be that tight either. Just takes some time, but you will get it.

The automatic rotation gear needs to spin freely once installed. If the bearing blocks are not spaced just right then it could cause the auto rotation gear to not spin freely. Also align ships a spacer with it, if that spacer is thick then the same will happen gear count spin freely.

Belt driven tails will have a certain feel to them that TT do not have. That feeling from a belt is what you will feel if the rotation gear is tight.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

OK, I kind of understand.
But I would like to understand what Tony meant in his video, I mean, how he worked it out.
Sorry for being dumb :D

- - - Updated - - -

The issue with the auto gear in the Align 450 was the shaft was just too tight in the bearing blocks. All I did was pinch the bearing blocks together so that I had just a slight amount of play in there. This free'd up the gear. Now, if you are running spacers or shims, and it's too tight, you can just remove those but remember, you don't want any excessive play in teh main shaft, but you want it to not be that tight either. Just takes some time, but you will get it.

Aha, hahaha, got it now.
So basically, you want the main shaft to drop on its own weight when bearing blocks are installed and move freely.

Tony

Staff member
Correct. That, and when you shim the main shaft within the bearing blocks (up and down movement), you want the least amount of movement possible without binding or having to force the bolt through the auto gear and main shaft.

Rico

You allso need the right distance between the motor pinion and the autorotation gear Wheel, if it is too tight you will feel it binding :)

i hope you understand me :)

Top Bottom