General Autorotation questions

DAL2855

Banned
5 days 23hrs left on the auction! And I have the 600mx motor for it for 10.00 plus shipping with 2 days 19hrs left on it!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I know it will! I just hope it doesn't skyrocket out of my price range! I really wanna build a 550 heli! I really don't wanna get another HK bird just to be able to have a 550 heli!

Yeah i hear ya there!! My 450 is a HK, but it wont take long and it will be more align than hk haha
Just crappy parts, certainly learnt my lesson. I agree though certainly don't want to buy another hk model just to get a bigger bird!

DAL2855

Banned
Corsair, 4 days 14hrs and I still have the 550E kit for 100.00! And 1 day 9hrs left on the 600XL motor and I have it for 11.50!

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah for sure! The bids still haven't changed yet! So have my fingers crossed hoping they don't change! That motor is about 180.00 retail and this is a new motor I'm bidding on! And so is the Align 550E DFC Pro super combo kit, minus electronics!

DAL2855

Banned
Corsiar, I won the bid on the 600XL motor for the 550! Got the 180.00 motor for 48.00 plus shipping! And I still have the bid on the bird too! it's at 107.50 right now with 3 days 4 hrs left on the auction!

Well done on the motor!!
I think I need to do more ebay shopping!! hahaha
although I haven't seen too many goblins, compas or protos on ebay hahaha
I think I'll end up with my hk450, trex 500 (2nd hand from guy at the club), I'm thinking I'll the the 6HV for the 600 size and I'll get a 700 goblin.
Then that leaves me with doing a total custom build on maybe a scale turbine helicopter

DAL2855

Banned
Now the guy is fighting with me about making payment, as it's his first sale on ebay and they supposedly place a 14-21 day hold on funds after payment is made, and I told him I would be making my payment on Thursday morning when I get my check from the VA. But now he's asked me to retract my bid and allow him to sell it to the next highest bidder. I told him no I will not retract my bid, most sellers here on ebay are more than happy to accomodate a combat veteran who has fought for the rights that you take for granted every day!!!!

I thought that ebay itslef allowed for a 7 day option to make payment. You have 7days from the day the bid is won to make payment. You're well within your 7day period to make payment.
They don't place a hold on funds. At work here we have a ebay account (which personally i can't stand, cos i have to deal with it hehe) and i'm sure that didn't happen to us. It did affect us when we made over a certain amount of money, and then we had to jump through a few hoops to get the money, but that was between us and ebay/paypal not our customers. We were getting the money, just couldn't do anything with it.
The guy is being words that i'm not allowed to say on here.
In this case being a Vet or not, shouldn't matter, as i'm sure ebay as I said state payment 7 days from auction win.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that ebay itslef allowed for a 7 day option to make payment. You have 7days from the day the bid is won to make payment. You're well within your 7day period to make payment.
They don't place a hold on funds. At work here we have a ebay account (which personally i can't stand, cos i have to deal with it hehe) and i'm sure that didn't happen to us. It did affect us when we made over a certain amount of money, and then we had to jump through a few hoops to get the money, but that was between us and ebay/paypal not our customers. We were getting the money, just couldn't do anything with it.
The guy is being words that i'm not allowed to say on here.
In this case being a Vet or not, shouldn't matter, as i'm sure ebay as I said state payment 7 days from auction win.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah you are allowed 7 days to make your payment on ebay. But he was saying that because this was his first sale as a seller, they were going to place a 14-21 day hold on the funds for some odd reason, I don't know why. That is crazy, they would have already gotten their payment for the listing so what reason would they have for doing this?

i'm just checking that now. i'm sure there would be no reason to hold the money. the only reason I could seem them holding the money is to make sure the guy isn't shonky and make your life easier to get the money back off him should the product not arrive etc.
Don't violate your contract. An auction transaction is a contract on eBay between you and your bidder(s). Once you post a listing, you should think of it as a legal responsibility to sell the item at the auction's closing price and to deliver it in the condition advertised to the winning bidder. Any other action is generally a violation of rules—not just eBay's rules, but the law as well.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah that is very true. It is a legal binding contract. I'm not retracting my bid just so he can get his money any faster as ebay allows me 7 days to make payment.

I wouldn't either!
It doesn't bode well for him. Negative comments and threats there of work really well to get what you want.
i did it recently to get my charger i had been waiting for months on. made the threat of negative comments, it arrived a week later. funny how that happened ;)

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah definitely! I need this motor for the 550E build I'm also getting off of ebay! As it does not come with any electronics and I got a heck of a deal on it! The motor that is so far. Haven't won the bid just yet on the bird, but it ends thursday evening!

Yeah I know ebay can have some deals. I know with my mountain biking stuff, I was happy to get last years model etc, and got awesome prices on it!!
Just have to know what to look for, and in some cases have half the parts already!! I know in this hobby, you always end up with spares.
I haven't been in it that long and i already have lots of spares hahaha

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah definitely I need all the spare parts I can get lol! Or atleast with these stupid clones I do anyways. That's why I can't wait to get these two Align birds and not have to worry so much about stuff breaking all the time just from trying to do a spool up on the bird!

Yeah I hear ya!!
I'm looking forward to getting a better quality bird very soon!!
I think I've almost got my clone dialled in enough that I can properly get her airborne, but I just want some better quality parts on the bits that will break often.
I can see me spending more on a good gyro soon, but may hold off and convert it to flybarless and upgrade it all then.

DAL2855

Banned
Yeah I know what ya mean! I will be testing a Tarot ZYX gyro on the 450 to begin with, but if I don't like how it performs, then I will be looking at either an Ikon or Beast for it and for the 550 as well. Depends on how well the Tarot performs!

Top Bottom