General Auto rotation By Curtis Youngblood

Tony

Staff member
I think he could have saved it on that last auto if his cyclic stick was just a little bigger lmao.

That is some great information from the legend himself. I would love to have one of his helicopters, but I doubt I will ever be able to afford one. Maybe I will test out my autos on the RCH Heli... :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if it was the camera or what, but it did really look like he took it to the clouds lmao. Then did 3, yes THREE blade stops on the way down, and it tipped over at the end lmao. I agree Lee, you need to go out and practice yours. you seemed to do a pretty damn good job the last time you flew lmao.

Whirlybird

For those who don't know, the knob on his cyclic stick is a mod he did for Rudder control. The First Heathkit radio I built, 4 channel, had such a setup.

Giving my right hand three things to do was way too much for my brain to handle :dizzy:

heathkit.jpg

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
When I last saw this video it did appear that he reached the clouds. I had to watch this again since I started back on the sim and wanted to work on autos myself. I also have to get my finger response time back while in side orientation.

Top Bottom