Austin funfly de-briefing. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Met Curtis Youngblood... Saw him RIP through the skies... Pushing his Rave ballistic to the freaking limits! Doing blades skid-ing for 200 yards , hurricanes and piro flip literally inches from the ground.

Speed races: the guy who won the contest did 130 on his Gaui x7 I think.

Curtis then came out and hadn't entered the competition so he didn't count, he did 137 mph run with a very very dramatic dive and recovery at the end of the run way... Dramatic , fast and loud enough that he autoed down with a stripped 300 dollar elevator servo.. Yeah that was AWESOME!

Saw the goblin, saw it fly.... Saw it fart like crazy in the air!

Wind was a constant >25mph with 30 mph ghusts. I almost didn't go, but I got there only to find out that didn't stop people from showing up, and doing crazy flying! Lol ...

I didn't fly anything but maidened my pink bladed brushless mcpx. Man that thing had power. Think with this wind, it held steady on the air going upwind.. It handled it by not moving and being thrown around. Flew one battery . Lol chickened out on my bigger helis , didn't want to break them and ruin my birthday. :)

Saw pinion from pinion Tv... Lol funny puppet!

Lots and lots of pics and videos coming your way. Just had to de brief a bit. :)

Missed the drag racing but met the winner and heard what he did. , and missed the best crash of the event , when apparently the guy pulled his blades too hard.. And they bent ad touched the boom and heli exploded. :p

Morelight

Fearless Freep
And after that tantalizing, drool inducing summary..... Not even a Goblin fart as a teaser? Glad you had fun Gaba. Waiting on the good stuff...:soapbox::ripped:

Whirlybird

Youngblood must not be too youngblood anymore . . . he was kicking around when I started back in the early 70's :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
He looked Not that old. ;) .. He did have a transmitter that he had modded to have cyclic and yaw controls all on the right like the "old times he said" . He said he might be the only one still using those controls. The left stick only did throttle. He was a very impressive but so very humble guy!

Lee

Look forward to the pics and video gaba. i wish we had a funfly like that somewhere near me.

Whirlybird

Yes Gaba, I believe he modified a JR radio with a rotating knob control on his cyclic stick for tail rotor control. The first Heathkit radio I built came with just one stick with such a knob so that 3 channels could be controlled with one hand. This was also useful as a steering wheel for car drivers. (Would be very difficult for you "thumbers" out there) :)

Heath Radio.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom