Other Aurora 9 Transmitters and HiTech Recievers

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
I currently have a DX6i which is a nice radio. But at some point I will need to upgrade to a TX with more channels / features.

I have been checking into the Aurora 9, and so far like what I see. Does anyone here have this radio, and how do you like it?

The re-link speed amazing, check this video out...

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
I fly with a Hitec Optic 6, which while obviously not the same radio, still uses the same 2.4 module in it. As far as I'm concerned their AFHSS modulation is rock solid. I took mine out to the AMA 75th anniversary and there were all kinds of 2.4 radios on, but didn't feel a thing. The telemetry is really neat too, my transmitter will tell me when my receiver pack is low! :beguiled:

someguyinsandy

Crash Test Dummy
Nice to know! Yeah, I think that I will likely go with the Aurora 9 rather than the DX-8, I mean the relink time alone makes it worth it I think. On top of that, the Aurora's recievers are cheaper (incl telemetry), there's the touch screen interface, and so much more.

The only thing is that most people at the field are Spectrum fliers, with a couple of old(er) guys running Futaba (mode 1), so trading parts, recievers and such will not be an option for me... I guess I can keep a couple of orange recievers for spares at the field if anyone needs them...

Chris O'Hara

Thermal Padawan
one other nice feature about the Hitecs is that you don't have to cut off the Futaba servo tabs like you would on a Spektrum or JR because they have the slot built in, even though their servos don't have the goofy tab on them :)

Imzzaudae

I for one like the goofy tabs, I grew up with Futaba and I always know how the plugs go in. I for one think the tab format should be an industry standard. Would save a lot of problems for a lot of guys.

I have an Aurora 9 and it seems to be a very nice transmitter although I have not flown with it in real life. At first the touch screen menu system seems a little daunting but you will pick it up pretty quick. I'm just getting my Trex 550 and 3GX set up. The transmitter feels very good in my hands.

There are a lot of nooks and crannies on the transmitter to collect dust so it will be tough to clean.
Best keep it in a carry case!

Wish I could fly my MCPX-BL with this TX.

Top Bottom