FBL Gyro Assan GA250 memory problem

treff

I wonder if anyone can help I have 2 assan ga250 gyro and both have developed the same fault in that they will not remember the rudder end point settings.
I have tried them both several times and bothare the same. If any one has come across this please let me know. I see others on the net
have had simular problems with this gyro but no one is offering a solution. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
What servos are you using? And what are the settings you have in the gyro? Have you watched my Assan Gyro Setup Video?

treff

Cheers Tony. First, yes watched your very good vid. Servos are Align on the rudder, sorry can not remember number, getting late here and Savox on the cyclic but that does not matter. I have 2 of the assan GA250 gyros and both have developed the same fault
in that they do not remember the end point settings. Reading on the net it seems to be a quirk of this gyro. I have purchased another GA250, they are so cheap, and will try again with the setting up. If it fails then I must be doing something wrong somewhere.
If it programs okay then the 2 gyros are at fault. Thanks for your info most appreciated and welcomed. Cheers setting are 1520us @333Hz and no delay. Getting into the modes is okay its just the gyro does not remember end point settings so I have been forced to
adjust rubber to 30% end travel to prevent servo burn out.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Okay, I just wanted to make sure you had the correct settings for the gyro, and you do. This narrows it down to the gyro. As you stated, they are cheap. Mine is working great but I'm sure that is soon to not be the case lol. And I have mine mounted upside down.

Let us know how it goes with teh new gyro.

Graham Lawrie

Sounds like they are goosed.

I bought a cheap(£11) gyro for my 600 while I waited to pick up another(Align gyro) on ebay:) It is now my emergency back up . If you watched my 600 flight that was it on it.

Hope you find a solution :)

treff

Cheers Graham. I have been trying to fly without the gyro. It's difficult but not impossible. You just need plenty of main blades LOL

murankar

Staff member
I did not have good luck with this gyro. I had a ds520 on it and I could never get the tail to hold. I always had a slight drift from left to right. I also tried my savox tail servo and still had the same issues, so my gyro i think is bad.

I finally had enough and got a Jr gyro that holds the tail solid. I am not looking back or thinking of using it again.

treff

Thanks murankar for the info. What I have found with this gyro when setting it up it that you must put all the TX setting for the gyro and rudder back to their normal positions
I.E. no expo or dr set the gyro back to 100% or when programming the settings are not remembered by the gyro. Lots of folk on the net using this gyro seem to be suffering
from the same problem of the gyro not remembering settings but I think this is the problem and a quirk of this gyro. Cheers

Top Bottom