Spektrum AS3X question

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have always been under the assumption that "rate" vs "duel rate" in your tx gives you more or less throw. In the AS3X setup you setup the "duel rates" for each flight mode. So is this how you change servo throw? Is it each flight mode has a different rate or can you still have a switch to change from low to hight rates?

Derek

The "Travel" is what sets the initial servo throw. You can then use the Dual Rates to limit that initial servo throw. For example, if you have 100% servo travel, and then set your dual rates to 60%, your servo would only move 60% of that 100%.

I have only recently been able to mess around with an AS3X because my flying buddy bought the Hobbyzone Delta Ray. It's an awesome slow flyer with the AS3X and the Panic button. A really great trainer plane, no doubt. My understanding is that in Beginner Mode and Intermediate Mode, you cannot adjust the dual rates. Those are preset and shouldn't be messed with. But, in Expert Mode (or Experienced mode), I do believe that you can adjust the dual rates.

I could be wrong. My advice would be to call the manufacturer of your model and ask them....unless someone else around here has experience with an AS3X.

Derek

Just make small adjustments, and adjust one Dual Rate at a time...that way you won't have adjust a bunch of stuff if you don't like the results.

I'm curious to hear your results.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well it seems I wont be able to use the 6 channel AS3X receiver unless I eliminate the flaps or use only one flight mode. I'll have to use this AR636 receiver in something else to try out the full potential. For my F86 I'll have to wait for the 7 channel AS3X to come out in November. But I did get to mess with the app a bit and seems easy to use.
Tony

Ken Jackson

My VisionAire manual tells you where you can set the dual rates. I believe the spec on my plane is 80% low and 100% high rate. I only fly high rate but since I've been having trouble landing lately maybe I should switch to low before I come in. I just know if I get into trouble I want all the throw I can get, Lol

I've been flying AS3X planes for just over a year and they are awesome machines. Check your manual...

Ken

Top Bottom