Flight Stabilizers Arkbird Autopilot System W-osd V3.1028

ABriscoe

Hi Guys,
My question is, I put the Arkbird Autopilot System w-OSD V3.1028 in my H-King Voltigeur airplane using a Taranis Plus transmitter and I use my two position switch to disable the thr. channel so I used a three position
switch and in special functions I override the middle part of the switch. What I would like to know is what
settings should I use for both switches.
I would also like to know how or if I could reduce the travel because the control surfaces are so large and can I
do that in the transmitter?

RandyDSok

Look in your transmitter manual for information on setting up either the dual rates or expo rates so you can control how much travel you have. I don't have that radio, so I can't help directly, just point you in the right direction.

I also don't use autopilot settings so I'm uncertain what options other users prefer for any possible settings there... typically it's probably a user preference thing, so don't expect the same suggestions from everyone.

ABriscoe

Look in your transmitter manual for information on setting up either the dual rates or expo rates so you can control how much travel you have. I don't have that radio, so I can't help directly, just point you in the right direction.

I also don't use autopilot settings so I'm uncertain what options other users prefer for any possible settings there... typically it's probably a user preference thing, so don't expect the same suggestions from everyone.
I don't think you can use dual rates or expo with this.

Tony

Staff member
All dual rates will do is lessen the throw of the control surfaces. And for a 3D plane it is a must. If it will now allow you to use them (I have not found a gyro yet that won't) then I would be looking for something else, or start digging into the program and find out how to do the same thing in the gyro. If you try to fly a 3D plane with full rates, it is going to be a hand full to say the least.

As for expo, all that does is change the curve at which it moves the control surfaces. Again, I have not found a gyro that I can't use those with. Gyro's like the ikon though on beginner settings in the gyro, using expo will actually make the controls TOO soft. But, as long as you set everything up with 100% dual rate and no expo, I see no issue with using them while you are flying.

RandyDSok

I don't think you can use dual rates or expo with this.

You probably need to read a little closer... I'm not sure if any computer radio ( except for possibly the cheapest out there ) doesn't have dual/expo rates these days... it's practically an industry standard these days with the only difference being how you set them up.

A quick google search found a lot of info... this was just one of many video's out there...

ABriscoe

All dual rates will do is lessen the throw of the control surfaces. And for a 3D plane it is a must. If it will now allow you to use them (I have not found a gyro yet that won't) then I would be looking for something else, or start digging into the program and find out how to do the same thing in the gyro. If you try to fly a 3D plane with full rates, it is going to be a hand full to say the least.

As for expo, all that does is change the curve at which it moves the control surfaces. Again, I have not found a gyro that I can't use those with. Gyro's like the ikon though on beginner settings in the gyro, using expo will actually make the controls TOO soft. But, as long as you set everything up with 100% dual rate and no expo, I see no issue with using them while you are flying.
I'll give it a try and see what Happens... Thanks Tony

Top Bottom