1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Are You Seeing Popup's That Want You To Download Something?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Tony, Oct 21, 2017.

< New Page Comments | What Topics Would You Be Interested In? >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey everyone, I just had a member email me saying when he tried to do a search, it asked him to download something. He was not happy about this, to say the least, and quite honestly, neither am I if this is happening. If you see anything, or have seen anything like this, please capture a screen shot of it and post it here in this thread.

I take member security very seriously and I do not want anyone downloading anything that is unsafe for their computer. If this is an issue, I will get it resolved. But need some help in knowing what I'm dealing with since I can not replicate this issue.

2. rdsok

rdsok Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Just searched a half a dozen times ( simple search )... had no pop-ups.

If you haven't already suggested it... recommend that they scan with a good adware/spyware utility such as Malwarebytes ( Windows )... that symptom could indicate they have malware on their computer that redirects their searches. Antivirus programs often miss adware/spyware...

3. bigone5500

bigone5500 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Search works for me. Did many querys and nothing. Maybe his browser has been hijacked?

4. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    He sent me a screen shot and it was one of the ads at the top of the forum. This one is all on Adsense but it was a nice large white ad with a huge green button. Not much I can do about those ads. But there is an X in the top right of those type ads that you can click and report. So anyone that sees those "Download Now" ads, look for that X in the top right, click ONLY on the X (don't try this on mobile unless you zoom way in) and report it as being unsafe. I have blocked a LOT of these ads, but with the holidays coming, they are flooding the market with them.

< New Page Comments | What Topics Would You Be Interested In? >