General Are these numbers good

treff

Couldn't find that motor your talking about. Do you mean a 2836 Turnigy 3700KV?
Sorry, yes that's the one 2836 3700kv by Turnigy. What worries me is connecting new esc to the motor and having another esc burn.

Lee

These are the motors i used in my 450s. They are good motors. I still have a new one in the box. If you are worried about the motor, unclip the circlip on the shaft and pull the can off. Look at the stator, magnets and wiring to see if there is any damage. If it's all looking good then i would guess its just a dodgy ESC. I can make a quick video to show you how to take the motor apart if you like.

treff

These are the motors i used in my 450s. They are good motors. I still have a new one in the box. If you are worried about the motor, unclip the circlip on the shaft and pull the can off. Look at the stator, magnets and wiring to see if there is any damage. If it's all looking good then i would guess its just a dodgy ESC. I can make a quick video to show you how to take the motor apart if you like.

Thanks Lee. I will run it up on some old gear I have stored in the Garage. I will take the ESC apart tomorrow and see what I can find. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
All of the windings in the motor should be a nice copper color. If you see any blistering or darkening of the windings, then the motor is toast. And as stated, HK looks good from the outside, but once you are in the door and holding the items in your hands, your perspective changes.

IMO, I would get AT LEAST the Align 35a ESC and Align 450MX motor. Awesome power combo that will serve you for a long time.

As for your tail, if you have checked everything in Lee's sig to make sure everything is moving correctly, make sure your blades are on correctly. It's easy to get them backwards. Have a look at Lees pictures for reference. And remember, when looking at the heli from the right side, the tail blades should be going CCW. also, make sure your main blades are on correctly as well. If they are backwards, it will have a HORRIBLE vibration and want to 'pop' into the air. We have seen this in action unfortunately here on the forum.

treff

All of the windings in the motor should be a nice copper color. If you see any blistering or darkening of the windings, then the motor is toast. And as stated, HK looks good from the outside, but once you are in the door and holding the items in your hands, your perspective changes.

IMO, I would get AT LEAST the Align 35a ESC and Align 450MX motor. Awesome power combo that will serve you for a long time.

As for your tail, if you have checked everything in Lee's sig to make sure everything is moving correctly, make sure your blades are on correctly. It's easy to get them backwards. Have a look at Lees pictures for reference. And remember, when looking at the heli from the right side, the tail blades should be going CCW. also, make sure your main blades are on correctly as well. If they are backwards, it will have a HORRIBLE vibration and want to 'pop' into the air. We have seen this in action unfortunately here on the forum.

Thanks gents some great advice and info here. I'm all helied out at the moment but I will return to spend more cash but not at HK my shopping days there are over.

Top Bottom