General Are these numbers good

treff

I'm now setting up pitch and throttle curves and beginning to doubt myself. Do these numbers look right> Pitch Normal 45,47,50,75,100 Idle up 0,25,50,75,100. Throttle curve Normal 0,25,50,75,100. idleup 90,65,60,75,100. Do these numbers look right or have I mucked it up? Thanks

Slobberdog

idle up throttle curve should be more like 100,100,85,100,100, there or there abouts, its slightly different in the align manual but this should be close enough

treff

Thanks Slobberdog was not sure. Do you actually fly in the normal mode or do you switch to idleup. I am, with a great deal of luck only going do to a bit of hovering so do I need to go into idleup mode?

stokke

If you are a beginner, I would not recommend going into IU mode. Master Normal mode first.

Slobberdog

i done something similar for the last video i put up mine is now 0,35,75,75,75 makes a lot more noise but head speed is constant whatever pitch change you do when in flight

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
My idle up when I started off was 100-95-90-95-100

You want 100 on both ends .. Rest is fine

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

treff

Thanks for all the info gents. I did my first spool up a few minutes ago. OMG! talk about vibration. I feel the blade tracking must be way out and also when I use the rudder it goes in the wrong direction and yet is set up right. I THINK! great fun though. Frightens the whatsit out of me. This thing really shakes.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ruddern right -- NOSe right and left is NOSE left.. :)

Vibrations are not good. .. yes check tracking.. is this FBL heli ? if its is tracking is very easy .. let us know if you need some tricks for Flybarless heli tracking. :)

treff

ruddern right -- NOSe right and left is NOSE left.. :)

Vibrations are not good. .. yes check tracking.. is this FBL heli ? if its is tracking is very easy .. let us know if you need some tricks for Flybarless heli tracking. :)

Thanks coolgabsi. FBL.................I wish, no this is a HK special elcheapo. I do have another problem, another of many I'm afraid. When I was doing first spool up everything went dead. Motor shut down also nothing on the stick, everything dead except for the giro which seemed to work okay. Nothing getting getting hot or even warm, battery voltage okay so I think something in the rx but I am not to sure. Any suggestions of where to look or even start looking? Voltage from the bec to rx okay checked with meter.

Lee

Check my Gyro servo set up video at the bottom of my post. This will tell you if the gyro and servo are working the correct way.

treff

Thanks Lee I did check before I switched on and everything was fine. Did a run up just to see and blades are out of track but the motor ran for less 20seconds and the esc burned out. I checked motor and it runs smooth as silk no binding rubbing or anything like that but the bec now puts out only 0.029of a volt so I believe it's knackered.No sign of over heating but it stinks of ozone. Not much luck. I don't think I did any thing wrong the motor was going correct way and the spool up was smooth no jerks.

Lee

You really aren't having much luck. This is a good one HobbyWing 40Amp Pentium Speed Controller Not too expensive and works well. I had one on my old 450. Get the program card as well to make things easier to set up. Hobbywing Program Card for flyfun pentuim
But before plugging it in, i would triple check everything first. Just to be safe. And i would be getting in contact with the suppliers of the ESC to see about a refund. Which battery are you using?

Last edited:

treff

You really aren't having much luck. This is a good one HobbyWing 40Amp Pentium Speed Controller Not too expensive and works well. I had one on my old 450. Get the program card as well to make things easier to set up. Hobbywing Program Card for flyfun pentuim
But before plugging it in, i would triple check everything first. Just to be safe. And i would be getting in contact with the suppliers of the ESC to see about a refund. Which battery are you using?
Thanks Lee. At this rate I should have brought a Trex outright and be done with it. Battery is Turnigy 2200 30c. I checked over the motor etc and it seemed to be really smooth going one way, CLOCKWISE, the other way I could feel the pull of the magnets The motor is TURNIGY 2680 3700KV.

xokia

At this rate I should have brought a Trex outright and be done with it.
This is the conclusion that most people who buy the HK stuff eventually come to. It looks cheap to begin with but ends up costing more in the long run.

I've also found the HK stuff just flies horrible making it much more difficult to learn to fly.

treff

This is the conclusion that most people who buy the HK stuff eventually come to. It looks cheap to begin with but ends up costing more in the long run.

I've also found the HK stuff just flies horrible making it much more difficult to learn to fly.

Cheers xokia, yes I,m beginning to come to that conclusion myself. What with old age poor eye sight and bad components I should have brought three Trex helicopters starting at the 450 right up to a 700 could have saved myself a few bob LOL. Back to the wallet. I don't think space travel is this expensive.

Lee

Couldn't find that motor your talking about. Do you mean a 2836 Turnigy 3700KV?

Top Bottom