Spektrum AR8020T + NX8

Rico

Hi there, i have a AR8020T and a NX8, i would like to have 2 temp censors for telementry on for my twin cylender gas motor, is that posible some how ??
spekrtum says something about a extra module of some kind, but im not sure what i should look for :) so i hope some one can help here.

RandyDSok

Telemetry data is limited to just what the hardware ( transmitter and receiver ) supports. I've not heard of any add-ons.

Engines ( not motors which are electric ) do not use or need multiple temp sensors, using a location that gives you an average temp is good enough to tell you the temperature. Even our cars and trucks will only use a single temperature gauge or light to tell the driver what the temperature is. I'm uncertain what multi engine airplanes may use but it may not be important, we didn't use any sensors in the past and just did our testing for such issues on the ground before putting our aircraft in the air.

Rico

Telemetry data is limited to just what the hardware ( transmitter and receiver ) supports. I've not heard of any add-ons.

Engines ( not motors which are electric ) do not use or need multiple temp sensors, using a location that gives you an average temp is good enough to tell you the temperature. Even our cars and trucks will only use a single temperature gauge or light to tell the driver what the temperature is. I'm uncertain what multi engine airplanes may use but it may not be important, we didn't use any sensors in the past and just did our testing for such issues on the ground before putting our aircraft in the air.
ok so you think it would be good with just one sensor on one cylender, all i need it for is for running in, to make sure it wont go too hot and lock up the piston

RandyDSok

ok so you think it would be good with just one sensor on one cylender, all i need it for is for running in, to make sure it wont go too hot and lock up the piston

I would suggest that you research where they suggest to locate the sensor since I can't say, my equipment doesn't have any telemetry so I've never researched into it.

If you can accept a guess... I'd think you'd place it in a place central to both cylinders and not on just one or the other. This would allow you to monitor both and if the temps change substantially from the start of the flight, you'd know it's something to look into a potential issue to be resolved. Just remember that the temps will change with the environment so as the day's temps rise so will the engine's temps.

Going back to the initial testing it is not done with those sensors, it's done directly on the ground as you are setting up the engines fuel mixture etc, just like they do with real aircraft. The sensors are only for after the fact when the craft is in the air and then only as a reference not a diagnostics.

Top Bottom