Spektrum Ar7700 Questions

USAF_Ret

Can someone explain to me how to setup an AR7700 that gets 18 channels. I have A DX18, so according to the manual that comes with the AR7700, I should be able to send and receive 18 channels.

Derek

Well, I have an AR7700 installed on my FPV wing and I have a DX8. I have full use of 8 channels with this receiver. the way that I understand it is this, whether you use SXRL or PPM, each channel sends a signal, one after the other, through the same protocol. So, instead of using multiple wires, from an AR8000 for example, you are just using one servo wire to send multiple signals in sequence.

does this help?

just an addition...I have my AR7700 connected to a flight controller on my FPV wing and I'm using Inav (a branch off from Cleanflight and Betaflight). After setting up the receiver settings in the GUI, I was pleased to see each channel working in the Receiver Tab of the configurator.

Smoggie

You cant connect 18 channels direct to the AR7700 because it simply doesn't have enough connections. You would have to use the SRXL serial output into a flight controller or other device that supports SRXL.

Top Bottom