500 AR7210bx, Tail servo wont self center

inganeer

Well the only things that survived the last crash were the canopy, tail belt, tail gear and motor. I pickuped a EXI CF frame and a CF boom and started over. I now have an Align BL430X and a Align 60A ESC. Also picked up an AR7210BX and the firmware upgrade. A new cheap DFC head. Now to figure out why the tail servo womt self center.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW a big thanks for the warm welcome (s).

inganeer

I have the remnants of a Belt CP with a 450 frame and a Ar7210bx with firmware upgrade. I can't get the tail servo to self center. I'm a newbie but understand some of this. Been putzing with this most of the day and can't figure it out. I know it is probably something simple but smarter than me.

trainrider06

Re: heli-lo from Missouri

Hi Ed welcome! I think those Esky heli's were about like the Blade SR's that I started out on. They'd fly but they needed to be set up pretty good, and still might be a hand full!
What do ya mean about the tail not self centering????

inganeer

When I first start it up everything is perfect but if you give it any rudder, it stays where it stops at. I assumed it should return to center like it did before I changed everything.

trainrider06

Does it move back when you move it with the stick or it just locks in and won't move anymore?
It sounds like it's in rate mode. Do you have gyro enabled in the radio? What radio are you using?

inganeer

It moves back and forth normally. I just assume when you let off the stick it would go back to center.

trainrider06

Yeah I said it might be rate mode but that's head hold mode, it should be good then as long as you set up end points have the tail set up correctly following the Beast X instructions then...

inganeer

I was afraid of that. End points are good. May have too cut my gains back till I can get used to it. My thought was to tighten it up like my 200srx till I got comfortable with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The one thing I noticed earlier today just spooling it up was that if the rudder wasn't centered it would spin wildly in circles as you spooled it up.

inganeer

I'll give that try. Thought I had everything down pat but anything is possible. I went through the setup 5 or 6 times. Almost have it memorized now. LOL. Really do appreciate the input on this. Momma's not real happy that I spent what I did and it hasn't hit the air yet.

inganeer

You were right. I had it backwards. I'll give it a spin tomorrow. Thanks again.

Smoggie

The tail slider 'staying put' is perfectly normal. It would be a concern if it centred by itself.

If you had the gyro response reversed then best also double check the response to stick input. If you had one wrong there is good chance the other is set wrong too.

Last edited:

inganeer

Been real windy and now rain. Bummer. I did take it long enough to spool it up to center. Had a noise come up that resembled an engine cutting out. Brought it back in and after several hours of looking and reading I found the tail rotor hub was not tight. Got it tight and pulled the blades and spooled it up and it sounded much better.
As for the tail direction the rudder stick to the right and tail moves left and versa vica right.

trainrider06

Good to hear you got it sorted! If you were asking for confirmation on if that was the correct directions for the stick and tail blades....shoot I'd have to look on mine lol but that sounds right, I think Lee goes over that in the video. Stick right leading edge of the blades should go left stick left leading edge right....

Top Bottom