FBL Gyro ar7200bx swash leveling

I have this fbl controller on my trex 450 pro dfc.
I have read everything on Studio X and in the manual several times.
I cant seem to find anything on swash leveling at full positive and negative pitch inputs.
Is this possible to electronically adjust the endpoints at full pitch , or am I wasting my time?
Will adjusting the % travel on the affected servos do the trick?:wave:

Tony

Staff member
I have never worried about adjusting full travel. If your swash is not level at full positive or negative, then there is something wrong somewhere else. It should have a nice smooth and even motion all the way through the travel. If you do have one servo that is a little off, put that one servo on the elevator and you may be able to tune it out with elevator precomp. At least I think the BX has precomp...

Thank you for replying Tony,
My swash is 1.25 degrees short on the elev. and ail. channels at both full positive and negative pitch.
These measurements and the entire set up, were done with my new SOKO HELICAL GAUGE.
Have you or anyone else ever used this tool?
I am quite impressed with it, as it has an optional "Virtual Mainshaft " feature.
Unfortuneately, this feature requires a smartphone or tablet.
I can see a tablet in my near future,ha,ha,haaaaa.

Tony

Staff member
I have not used that tool. Sounds like a nice tool to have, that's for sure.

The best thing to do is take the heli out and fly it and see how it does. I seem to remember something about it having precomp already built in with stock settings. Everything is out in the studio right now so I can't verify, but I wan to say it's normal. Either way, give it a test flight and let us know how it goes.

murankar

Staff member
Your travel issue could be due impart to poor geometry. The servos travel in an arc and not a straight line. If you attempt to adjust anything it should be the end points. If you have a Specktrum radio I think your end points Max out at 125.

To check the effect of the problem. Go and test hover it. See if it drifts while at a 5' hover and then check for drift while climb out. Once you hit a higher altitude check your hover again.

Top Bottom