FBL Gyro AR7200BX & Re-bind

Tony

Staff member
They say to do this so that your failsafes are set where you want them. If you are running a nitro bird, and you lose signal, you might want a slight amount of negative pitch and to kill the engine. So you would set your curves when you bind so that it would do just that.

pvolcko

Hmm... Never had to do this myself. I always bind initially with the low stick position in normal mode. The 7200BX setup process shouldn't affect your Tx settings really. Should only have to do this if you've changed your throttle or pitch curves, I think. May be wrong.

IT won't hurt to do it again after setup, of course. :)

Bruno

Another question: Re: antenna polarization, the AR720BX manual (p.5) reads that the remote/satellite "receiver antenna must be 2 inches away from the main receiver's antenna." My antenna's are about 1.5 inches apart.
Any recommendations? Any experiences to suggest this is a problem/not a problem?

pvolcko

I've never put them closer than 2 inches so don't know if it is a problem. I'd find a way to separate them some more if at all possible. The further apart they are the greater signal path diversity you get and the less chance of a drop out.

Derek

Hey Bruno! If you can locate something like this:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/remote-receiver-extension-6-inch-SPM9010

That would help get you some separation. Horizon Hobby has the 6 inch extension and an 8 inch extension. Your local hobby shop should be able to get this for you. I have a 12 inch extension on my Trex 600 that puts one of my two satellite rx's towards the rear of the frame, which would be about 10 -11 inches behind my other satellite.

Bruno

It's a bit difficult (especially on a 450) to find locations on the body where the BX and satellite antennas are positioned without being blocked by the CF frame (therefore, extending beyond the frame) and at least two inches apart. Most likely area is near the boom but there just isn't enough surface area on which to mount the BX antenna far enough from the satellite antenna.

I am curious to see/hear of positioning ideas.

Derek

What about on the underside of the frame, near the front skids? With a long enough extension, that would work. Or...on the inside of the frame, near the front of the frame? As long as you can get some the satellite wires to the outside of the frame, I would imagine that would be fine.

Tony

Staff member
Anywhere on the outside of the frame is fine. Just make sure, at any orientation on a big helicopter, that you can still see an antenna. The idea of putting them on the outside of teh frame is for diversity. Same goes for pointing the antennas in different orientations. I will have to do a video to further explain this.

pvolcko

If it's a 450 you probably don't need the Sat Rx at all, unless the 7200bx and it's antennas are buried inside the frame. You're not going to be flying a 450 that far away from you and there isnt enough mass, generally speaking, to interfere with signals.

Where is the 7200BX mounted? POst a pic?

cml001

Yeah, I have a 450pro dfc w the ar7200bx only... No sats required unless u go up to the 500 or larger bird... I've not had issue.. Just use the ar7200bx.

Top Bottom