General Ar6200 & yep45 & 3gx

Phil nottingham

Hi I'm building a hk 450 v2 fbl
I have had the esc initialize and run the motor through the ar6200 on its own
But when I try this with the 3gx the esc makes no beeps at all(maybe not beeping because 3gx has control)
Been trying for 2 days with no progress
Any help at all would be great
Thanks in advance
Phil

Tony

Staff member
Lets start at the very beginning. Are you sure your ESC is plugged into the 3GX in the TRO port? Is your polarity correct? Look at the picture below for details on how to plug it in.

56424d1362348550-help-fitted-ar8000-3gx-now-got-problems-3gx-1.jpg

56424d1362348550-help-fitted-ar8000-3gx-now-got-problems-3gx-1.jpg

Phil nottingham

Thank you for your quick reply
I unplugged every thing and did it again as per the diagram
I now get the esc to activate and hear the beeps
Still no motor movement but I think I need to do the gov setup
Again thank you for your help

Tony

Staff member
You may also need to do an endpoint adjustment in your ESC as well. Turn your Tx on, raise it to full throttle. Plug in yoru battery and wait for the first set of beeps, then lower the throttle stick all the way down. It should initialize as normal and you should have motor function. But, you MUST do the Gov setup in teh 3GX as well.

Phil nottingham

hi
i did not get it to work so got a new esc
however now im back to square one no beeps no motor
everything else works fine
if i bypass 3gx it beeps and motor runs
i have the setup card for my yep 45av2 but can not get the stop and full speed to store when wired through 3gx
thankyou in advance

Admiral

I had a similar problem with my 450 the ESC beeped every 2 second indicating a faulty signal after I had done the Gov Setup, the only way I could get around it was to re-run the 3GX upgrade software and start again.
I had obviously done something wrong in the Gov Setup but don't ask me what.

Tony

Staff member
My Align 450 with Align ESC will beep at me until I raise the throttle. Always has.

Tony

Staff member
Interesting. Okay, lets start with this. unplug your Aux1 wire from your Rx and plug the power wire from the battery port into the Aux1 port. Then plug your bind plug into the bind/batt port on the Rx, adn turn it on. You should see lights on your Rx and sat both flashing rapidly. Then, hold your bind button on your Tx and bind as usual. Do that and see if that helps.

Tony

Staff member
You do have TH off and a linear throttle curve, right? Maybe try another motor, then try another ESC. I"m wondering if you don't have one of them that's bad...

Phil nottingham

I thought it was esc so got another new one
If I plug esc into rx I get beeps and motor movement
But with the 3gx it's like the esc can not tell the throttle stick postion so doesn't arm
I'm only guessing never built one before
Cheers

Tony

Staff member
Looking at the pictures again, the throttle signal wire from the Rx to the 3GX has heat shrink over it. Are you sure you are getting a good connection? I would pull that shrink off and do a continuity test on that wire.

Phil nottingham

checked it with the shrink on has continuity I might change it anyway
and when I set the gov I put stick up the light on 3gx goes green it then restarts with the 3 up and does movements
is that correct?
im stumped lol

Tony

Staff member
That sounds correct to me, and actually answers my next question of if you are getting servo movement.

Try putting a servo on the throttle channel of the 3GX and see if that works.

Phil nottingham

no servo movement through tho on 3gx changed the dodgy looking plug for a new one
then I put esc wire in rudd on 3gx and held stick to side and got beeps and motor
im starting to think theres a problem with the 3gx tho circuit itself

Phil nottingham

I think so ie
Hold set on 3gx while power up till all LEDs are lit
Then move stick to top gov light goes green 3gx starts
Would gov not being set close off tho output?
Again tony thanks for the help
it's nearly 2am in the uk and I'm tired lol
Cheers
I have a day off work tomorrow so I'll keep trying lol

Tony

Staff member
It shouldn't keep it from starting up. I have never seen it stop it anyway.

If this were my gyro (and you do this at your own risk if you do it), I would take it apart and look at the connections on teh board. Sometimes, a touch with some fresh solder will cure an issue like this. I have seen a trace get burnt, a cold solder joint let go and so on.

Top Bottom