Spektrum AR6115e won't go into bind mode

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
With bind plug plugged in and power connected, the receiver LED blinks at about 100 flashes / sec. I have tried cycling the power on and off multiple times to no avail.

I've sent this unit to Horizon Hobby before. They sent it back saying it worked fine and that they could not re-create the failure. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Tony

Staff member
You might try another bind plug, or make your own. Take a dead servo and cut the plug off of it. Remove the center wire, and wire the negative and signal wires together. I have seen bind plugs that didn't work for one reason or another. Usually because of quality or just used too much.

Lee

Yep, had it happen many times. Used a different bind plug and worked first time. Also just wiggled the one that didn't work and tried a few times until it did work.

Westy

LEGEND
Right ... well I am heading out to find that paper weight right now! haha..... ah here is is, will see if I can bind it up!

Westy

LEGEND
no good .... it bound up and I got it working with my sim .... then it lost its signal and now will not bind at all! must be bad Caps, problem is it is all SMD board so no can fix :( ... I let the caps drain for 5 - 10 mins .... tried to re bind again and it flashes with hope ... then goes dim flashing. Paperweight it stays. Just can't get my AR7000 to work with the wireless dongle

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Gentlemen, I don't think is the bind plug because the same bind plug works on all other receivers. Wiggling the bind plug didn't help either. Westy's bad Caps hypothesis sound pretty plausible to me.

This thing is on its way back to Horizon Hobby for repair for the second time.

Westy

LEGEND
let us know how you go, will be interesting if you push them to find out what actually failed with it.

Tony

Staff member
With bind plug plugged in and power connected, the receiver LED blinks at about 100 flashes / sec. I have tried cycling the power on and off multiple times to no avail.

I've sent this unit to Horizon Hobby before. They sent it back saying it worked fine and that they could not re-create the failure. Has anyone experienced this issue?

After reading this post again, and I mean no disrespect here, but are you sure you are doing the bind process the correct way?

Proper bind sequence is plug in bind plug, power on Rx, hold bind button/switch on Tx and power Tx on. Keep holding bind button/switch and the Rx will start flashing slower. Once Rx light goes solid, release bind button/switch and remove bing plug and you should be good to go.

Westy

LEGEND
Yep Tony ... that caught me out the first time with Spektrum ..... you have to wait unit the flashing slows to about 10 - 13 slowish pulses ... then goes solid! .... that is what I was doing wrong when I first came across these DSM2(X) RX's

Top Bottom