FBL Gyro Anyone with Ikon issues, be aware.

Lee

Opps. I've been playing with the DX6I today and got them mixed up. Any way its the back left one :D

Tony

Staff member
haha, I was wondering. And I didn't know you could activate that one on the heli model. Just goes to show that I need to play with mine more hehe.

xokia

I don't have an ikon anymore but it's the same concept. I use the TH switch to activate rescue. Since rescue needs to be instant and you don't have time to think about it. I moved TH to gov switch I hope to never need it again unless I have a few seconds to think about it and know that it needs to be flicked.

xokia

If you use TH for rescue, how do you activate TH? You need both.
You don't really "need" TH. if your going in for a crash sure. But if you have a rescue feature then rescue should prevent that crash. Hitting TH is automatic for me I don't even need to think about it. So it was logical to switch that for rescue. Having TH on the gov switch allows me to still activate it if I really want to but won't be as automatic. Just the choice I made that would make things less confusing for my brain.

Lee

I use TH to shut down the heli when i land, and for doing autos. But its just what you get use to i guess.

xokia

I use TH to shut down the heli when i land, and for doing autos. But its just what you get use to i guess.
I can shut down the heli with the throttle. Or I could still use TH I would just have to think about it now. I was trying to take advantage of what I was already used to. Muscle memory has already been trained to hit TH. There has been a couple time when I've landed and almost hit captain rescue lol

Lee

All good mate :D
I don`t have a Normal mode; so i can`t spool down with throttle stick. I have 65%, 75%, 90%, Gov

xokia

Lee do you work for Ikon?

What exactly is their polarity protection?

Can pins be de-pinned and reversed and people are still protected... i.e. positive swapped with ground?
Or can the ground and data pins be reversed? Or both?

I assume the data pin is a pull down style stays high until pulled low?

Tony

Staff member
Positive is always in the middle. This keeps you from blowing up the gyro by putting the negative on the signal side. If you do it now, I'm guessing it just won't work.

Westy

LEGEND
apparently ... the Bind 3 pins are only designed of signal output only ... if you supply voltage at all ... it can go POP!

xokia

Positive is always in the middle. This keeps you from blowing up the gyro by putting the negative on the signal side. If you do it now, I'm guessing it just won't work.
Signal side toggles to negative. It will go from vcc to vdd. I should just scope the dang thing I have an oscilloscope sitting on my bench. I've never looked up the protocol they use so I don't know how they drive their outputs.

If its just so you can plug your cables in backwards that's not really polarity protection. Usually when you say something has polarity it refers to the direction of charge. A digital signal will go both positive and negative so doesn't have polarity. Whatever I guess if they gave it a name that everyone understands I guess that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Wish i did work for them. Get some free stuff :D +1 on what Westy said.

The way you were talking sure sounded to me like you worked for IKon. Too bad you could help solve some problems. I only have a problem with my tail kicking out 1/8 to 1/4 turn. It reminds me of a belt drive which sucks because its a torque tube. Tail is stable in a hover but kicks out when loading it to do anything cool other then hover.

So for the IKon is only good for hovering at least from my perspective. Have my head set so when I switch to SL on the bench the swash does not move. Love to test it out but not with the tail kick.

Help!!

Ken

Top Bottom