Anyone watching the yacht race?

Stambo

Who says Kiwis can't fly. :)
Barring some sort of disaster that cup is coming back to New Zealand.
I am so proud of our boys right now.
Our little country of 4.5 million people has taken on the might and money of the rest of the world and we are dealing to them.
We have some clever people here who have come up with a boat design that no one has an answer to.
And they don't seem to think it's good enough, they are still improving it.
As for the crew, what a machine.

I am at home sick right now but what a way to lift the spirits. :):)

How many Aussies on the boat? ;) haha
Go hard boys!! Kiwis doing awesome! That thing absolutely motors along! Kiwi mate at work been watching and keeping me up to date... awesome speed and crew on board!

- - - Updated - - -

How many Aussies on the boat? ;) haha
Go hard boys!! Kiwis doing awesome! That thing absolutely motors along! Kiwi mate at work been watching and keeping me up to date... awesome speed and crew on board!

Stambo

We have I think 2 Aussies.
Oracle has something like 8 Kiwis an Aussie, an Englishman and 2 Americans.
Sounds like the start of a joke. :):)
Just like their boat. :p:p

One more win and that cup is coming back to New Zealand.

Last edited:
Hell yeah the Kiwis's have an awesome boat!
What I love about sport and national pride though is the sponsorship of the event and boat.
I think it's a safe bet that cup is heading back to the land of the long white cloud!

Stambo

I may have spoken too soon, there may be helping of humble pie coming my way. :(
That American boat seems to have the measure of our boys.
Well, I guess tomorrow will decide, I think productivity around many work places will decrease dramatically around race time as Kiwis everywhere are glued to their TV screens.
Good luck Emirates Team New Zealand.

I think you could almost say it was an aussie crew!!
I don't think Oracle had any Americans on board, and I believe there were more Aussies than any other nation on Oracle. Not sure about Kiwi boat, but I'm pretty certain the dominant nation across both boats were Aussies.... so a small win for the aussies hehehe

Stambo

I think you could almost say it was an aussie crew!!
I don't think Oracle had any Americans on board, and I believe there were more Aussies than any other nation on Oracle. Not sure about Kiwi boat, but I'm pretty certain the dominant nation across both boats were Aussies.... so a small win for the aussies hehehe

On NZ boat, 2 Aussies I think with dual citizenship and the rest Kiwis.
On Oracle in the last race were I believe 2 Kiwis, 4 Aussies, 1 American and various others.
Oracle was built in NZ about 100km down the road from me in a place called Warkworth.

Ellison bought the cup, it seems the main difference was electronic stabilization. (and obscene amounts of money)

Maybe I should have sent the Kiwis a KK2. :)

As far as the 40 minute time limit goes, I think that was utter bs.

As I said earlier, I do have to eat some humble pie. (Munch munch spit)
I was certain that Oracle would not win 8 races in a row.
At the end of the day that's just what they did.

Hey Stambo, I wanted the kiwis to win, and lets be fair, most of the team were kiwis, as opposed to the Oracle boat which didn't seem to have enough Americans on it! haha
It was a good race and got exciting, and I think it was a bit of bad luck for th ekiwis.
But yeah, hopefully they'll come up with something next year, or Clive Palmer will stop building his Titanic and build an americas cup challenge

Top Bottom