General Anyone use these

Slobberdog

Was looking at these as to protect and make the reoval and fitting of my canopy a little easier, has anyone on here used them and if so what did you think of them.

canopy_cnc_grommets.jpg

canopy_cnc_grommets.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I personally wouldnt put anything metal in there. That just makes it more stiff on the mounts, and will make break it at the point on your next crash (we all know it happens.. esp starting out :) )

So.. that said. How do you fix it. Get you some glass fibre kit.. any auto store should have it.. epoxy some fibreglass layers on there, and redrill the hole where you want it to be making it even more easier on you to mount the canopy and will get rid of the OVAL-ing thing.. I know what you are talking about, the battery stretched the canopy upfront and it makes the canopy holes elongate..

Or even easier.. get you some thick CA. fill the hole with that as much as you can, (where the elongation is) and let it dry out, and then just re make that hole there where the rubber grommet sits.

I havent used somethign like that before. It might help.. but if you loose one, you'll have to order them again, and wait.. while align rubber grommets can be found anywhere.. any LHS.. so its your choice :)

murankar

Staff member
Personally I would stick with the rubber grommets. they are cheap and last a long time. I just put some Align grommets in my protos mini.

Slobberdog

Thanks both it was just an idea, as someone said they would be good, but wanted more than one opinion, if they were really that good there would be more availability of them, one person selling them on eBay.uk that's why it got me wondering.

Top Bottom