Anyone still got one of these

dug this out the garage last night, its a nightmare.... i recon the heavier battery is far too low even though CoG is spot on..

its back in the garage and stopping there.... love my Blade FBL now..

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, I think that rear blade is a touch too large...

i put that mod on last year sometime Tony, recommended off youtube... never use the heli now, its back where it came from...lol. i just thought it would be a good thread, someone may bring some other oldish helis on..

Tony

Staff member
I think I may have mine, I just dont' know where it is. Yes, I had one of these large china coax helis lol. Had a few actually.

I've got a nano cpx, but it's had that many repairs I've gave up... Lol, needs just about everything now. The tail boom snapped and also broke the frame. Be cheaper to buy a new one now I think... But that was great indoors and out.

I took it beside a river once to fly around, and yes, it went in, floated down for a while then sank... I took it out, removed the battery and stuck it on the dashboard of the jeep, ran the heater for 15 mins, put another battery in and away she went... Awesome, wish I had video'd that though..

Derek

Whoa, Tony! That looked like a wild ride, lol. I still have my first two coaxial helicopters. They aren't "old-old", just 3 years old and I still flying them around the house. I'll try to remember to get video of them flying this week.

Whoa, Tony! That looked like a wild ride, lol. I still have my first two coaxial helicopters. They aren't "old-old", just 3 years old and I still flying them around the house. I'll try to remember to get video of them flying this week.

after flying the 450 fbl that coax was a nightmare, nearly took my head off...haha. its back in garage....

i should have called this thread something like "Get your old helis out", or something... would be great to see peoples helis they may never use again but wont get rid of..

yeah do some vids, that will be great..

ive just ordered a Mobius camera from hongkong, they look brilliant. great fpv i recon

Graham Lawrie

do you ever fly it Graham, mine has been in the garage for a year. flies like a pendulum...lol, its back where it belongs....

I tried to get this to fly for months:) became a money pit:) anything near a breath of air and it was uncontrollable. Only flew it properly once on a still winters dusk:)

I did every mod possible on this:) its an ornament now:) I spent so much on this it was cheaper to buy a Trex 450:)

Snap Graham, I done all the mods as you can see, put that huge blade on the tail, lighter flybar, bigger battery.... Etc etc, and it still didn't like any breeze, nearly took my head off in that clip, so mines an ornament too again...haha, best place for it..

Lee

This isn't mine, but its the same one i still have in my dads house.
a2160919-49-picoz-micro-helicopter.gif

Stambo

I was gonna bin mine but a friend said he would take it off my hands.
I tried to convince him it was a bad idea but he took it anyway.
A week later he had flown it outside and the wind took it away, never to be seen again.

concept30

I see that Stambo has a WL Toys V911 AWESOME indoor helicopter, im really good with it cause i have one too.
also coax helicopters are great for beginners.

Last edited:

Stambo

I see that Stambo has a WL Toys V911 AWESOME indoor helicopter, im really good with it cause i have one too.
also coax helicopters are great for beginners.

For the stability and price I don't think the V911 can be beaten.
Anyone that asks me about what to learn on now, gets a V911 tx stuck in their hands.
Most are immediately addicted.
Many are intimidated by the price of a good 450 but when they can get one of these for less than $50 they're in.

I also have a couple of new quads small enough to carry in your pocket. :)
When the weather and lighting improves here I'll get a video of it. :)

i think the coax and fixed pitch helis are great to get you into the hobby, my daughter bought me a coax with a camera onboard, i was hooked, but then needed a challenge, i wanted more...lol, so i got the blade 450 3d. and the hubsan x4 quad and the blade nano after i discovered the the 450 was way over my head....i think the 9053 is the worst helicopter ever made...lol

Top Bottom