450 Anybody know the quality of copter x?

mousie

Looking to buy a new 450 pro DFC but not sure what one to get. Hk, Copterx, Tarot. Iam a clone guy and been flying EXI for a few years now and never really had any major issues. I want to try flybarless now. Whats the best clone out there, I know there all made in China.

Tony

Staff member
Do yourself a favor and look into the Chaos helicopters. If you want to stick with clones, these are some of the best you can get. And, they are in the USA (can't remember where you are from) and their customer support is second to none. Lee has one of their helicopters and has had great luck with it. I would not do tarot or copterX simply because if you have a problem with it, you have to ship it back over seas just to have anything happen, if they put a warranty on it. Even if they do, you are still out almost hte cost of the kit just in postage.

mousie

Do yourself a favor and look into the Chaos helicopters. If you want to stick with clones, these are some of the best you can get. And, they are in the USA (can't remember where you are from) and their customer support is second to none. Lee has one of their helicopters and has had great luck with it. I would not do tarot or copterX simply because if you have a problem with it, you have to ship it back over seas just to have anything happen, if they put a warranty on it. Even if they do, you are still out almost hte cost of the kit just in postage.

Thanks Tony, I just googled the chaos 450 black widow and it looks assume. Only thing I am not sure about is the torque tube design. I always had belt. Is torque tube just as reliable and easy to work on. Also will align parts fit the heli?

Tony

Staff member
TT is actually easier to work on since you dont' have to set belt tension. If you can take off and land without hitting the tail on the ground, then I would suggest TT. They are smoother and better IMO. If you do get this helicopter, make sure to order you a set of black Align gears for the tail. They are worth it. Trust me!

Tony

Staff member
I didn't realize they only had one 450 helicopter for sale. They used to have many helicopters. Okay, that changes things a bit. I will post back when I find some info.

Tony

Staff member
Another thing, that chaos kit is only the kit, which is pretty expensive. You can get an Align kit for that. So yeah lol.

Here is a Tarot Pro V2 that I myself was going to order when I ordered my Align 450 Pro V2 3GX. I have heard good things, but a few bad as well. It is a clone after all. i would still replace all gears with Align.

Tarot 450PRO V2 3-Axis ZYS-S2 Gyro Super Combo

This would more than likely be the next best kit that I can think of. EXI doesn't exist anymore and HK helicopters are getting worse by the day as far as quality goes.

It goes without saying, but I highly suggest getting an Align helicopter as the bearings, gears and electronics are exponentially better than any of the clones.

Ken Jackson

Tony I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Torque tube is great just don't land hard, crashes included, LOL And I like Tarot quality but I wouldn't trust the torque tube gears. And I wouldn't even consider a belt drive on a DFC style.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Buy align torque tube gears front and back. You'll see immediately when you have them side by side.

Tony

Staff member
All you have to do is watch my "How To Properly Build A Clone" video to see what stock clone gears look like most of the time lol.

murankar

Staff member
I agree with Tony on the chaos 450. I also agree with the black gears for the tail. If it's still out of stock I would contact them and see when it will be back in stock. If you really want the kit like now, then tarot would be the next best thing unless you go align.

As for belt or torque tube it's up to the pilot. A properly set belt is just as efficient as a torque tube from what I here.
I myself am switching to torque tube one because it's another kit and build and 2 to see if I notice a difference. From the one video I saw a crash video of the Gaui x3 I was kind of sold. The drive train for the tail survived the crash.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

Tarot has a base in San Diego, so no worries on shipping or returns.
Tarot RC Helicopters
I have also had a CopterX 500. It was a great heli but doesn't compare to the Chaos or Tarot.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I like to say that i have a tarot 450 pro v2 with out the combo kit. I already have servos & Esc for it . I'm just waiting for the Robird G31 gyro to come in. I'm using my Walkera Tx & Rx for the time being and so far I'm satisfied with the bird. Clubheli is another dealer of Tarot heli/parts. They are located in Emmaus PA and Rick the owner and employees are very courteous and helpful with there customers. Once the Rx comes in, i will post pic. & video. Thanks to Tony and all members of Rc-Help, Flying is enjoyable with the right advice. Keep up the good work ladies & Gentlemen!
D.O.G.

1jetfixr

Hey there I have 2 copter x birds, a 450 and a 500, the build quality is pretty good. I have had no issues so far (serveal years). And they are 99 % align compatible.. so if you have a mishap you can replace parts easily.. For the money they are a good thing.

Top Bottom