700 Any New Helis Coming Out?

YoungBuck

Hey guys here are a couple pics of my fleet and the stands I’ve made for them at work. I work at a custom cabinet and countertop shop running a CNC machine so in my down time I made a couple of Corin stands. They are heavy duty and look pretty cool when they are up in the balcony of my house and not all cramped up in my spare bedroom. Anyways I’m thinking about pulling the trigger in a couple weeks and buying a new Heli. I’m thinking anything from a 700mm to 800mm. I’ve had good luck with goblins and my baby right now is a goblin speed 700 12s setup but I’m thinking I want a goblin comet or maybe my first Logo! I’m wondering if there’s any newly designed helis coming out soon. I know the Kraken came out alittle while ago but I don’t think it’s my cup of tea. I also have seen the Gaui R5, not the x5 but the speed model r5 and it’s beautiful but I just wish they made a 700 size model. Anyways has anybody out there ever owned a trex800 ? Cause that would be a good consideration and then maybe someday make it into a scale bird? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• C2BB91E6-DCFE-4C19-9377-7E625E48B361.jpeg
    C2BB91E6-DCFE-4C19-9377-7E625E48B361.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 8E7D5599-5330-4D65-A34F-23D99C30999F.jpeg
    8E7D5599-5330-4D65-A34F-23D99C30999F.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 8FCF515B-06A8-478A-A6B5-32D170970F94.jpeg
    8FCF515B-06A8-478A-A6B5-32D170970F94.jpeg
    340.6 KB · Views: 16

Smoggie

If you want something genuinely different with quality and engineering second to none you could at the Henseleit range

Matt

I’ve got a Protos 380. It’s a nice helicopter. Not too expensive. I’m not a very good pilot. MSHeli is owned by XLPower now so it’s considered a XLPower Protos 380.

Tasar

That is a nice lot of helli's the XL power 700 is a great helicopter very light for it's size I have the 550 love it
Happy hunting

Geena

Staff member
GAUI has just released the NEX6. It`s a 600 class helicopter which can be built as a 6s electric, a 12s electric, or a nitro. the kit comes out of the box as a 6s electric, and the upgrades for 12s and nitro can be purchased separately.

Tony

Staff member
A 6s 600? I didn't think companies would go back to that after the 550's came out. That is awesome as long as the electronics can handle the amperage. Man, I may need to look into a new kit. Maybe an electric 600 is what I need to get my butt outside and fly more lol. :scratchchin:

Tony

Staff member
I just checked out that helicopter Geena, and I see some interesting things about it.

First, on 6s the motor is under or inside the frame, and on 12, it sits on top. This is interesting and I'm guessing the only reason is space for the batteries. But if that is the reason, why not put the motor on top for both types? Just curious lol.

One thing that worries me just by looking at the pictures is the frame thickness in the front where the rudder servo goes (I think that is rudder, might be throttle, or both). I would be worried that frame will break there in a crash that is not that hard. any experience with this? I know Gaui is super tough, just pointing out what I see for the information.

And only $100 for the nitro conversion? That is a great price!! I have not found the electric 6-12 conversion yet though. But have not really looked that hard either lol.

Geena

Staff member
Yes, the motor is on the top for battery placement for 12s, and I was wondering why they didn`t just put the motor on top too. But the 12s setup does require a different pinion and a stronger main gear.... which you get with the 12s upgrade. As for your concerns about the frame breaking where the throttle servo attaches, you`d be wrong. The frames are more than strong enough to handle a pretty bad crash.. Ask me how I know that.. ;) I`ve crashed mine twice so far, in the few months that I have been flying. Both crashes were pretty brutal, and the frames survived both times. Here is a photo of mine as a 12s.

20200205_162036.jpg 20200126_134102.jpg

Geena

Staff member
One thing I forgot to mention. it shares a lot of X5 parts, and the head is from the R5 ( GAUI`s speed model) So if you want to, you can stretch it by using an R5 tail drive belt, and an X7 tail boom....cut down. I think I cut mine to 30 1/4". So now, it will take up to 630mm main blades.

Tony

Staff member
One thing that I could not see from the stock pictures was the thickness of the frame. Granted, the places that I was speaking about would rarely hit the ground in a crash, and don't have much weight behind them, but since I was sure you had at least seen them in person (I should have known you had one lol), I knew you could fill in the gaps on that one.

And motor placement, I never even though about different gear and such, but that does make sense. Keep cost low for the 6s peeps, and allow an upgrade for parts that are better suited for stronger setups. I have been die hard Align since day 1, but man, Gaui is sure looking better and better lol.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes, the motor is on the top for battery placement for 12s, and I was wondering why they didn`t just put the motor on top too. But the 12s setup does require a different pinion and a stronger main gear.... which you get with the 12s upgrade. As for your concerns about the frame breaking where the throttle servo attaches, you`d be wrong. The frames are more than strong enough to handle a pretty bad crash.. Ask me how I know that.. ;) I`ve crashed mine twice so far, in the few months that I have been flying. Both crashes were pretty brutal, and the frames survived both times. Here is a photo of mine as a 12s.

View attachment 22652 View attachment 22653

How did I know you had one of these sweet birds added to your wonderful collection you already have. Good luck and quit crashing her. To pretty of a bird to get dirty lol :).

Geena

Staff member
How did I know you had one of these sweet birds added to your wonderful collection you already have. Good luck and quit crashing her. To pretty of a bird to get dirty lol :).
I got mine about 3 months or so, before they were even announced...LOL Flies great too, but I`m pretty sure I`ll be crashing it again. I have a tendency to fly my helicopters like I hate them...ahahaha

Geena

Staff member
One thing that I could not see from the stock pictures was the thickness of the frame. Granted, the places that I was speaking about would rarely hit the ground in a crash, and don't have much weight behind them, but since I was sure you had at least seen them in person (I should have known you had one lol), I knew you could fill in the gaps on that one.

And motor placement, I never even though about different gear and such, but that does make sense. Keep cost low for the 6s peeps, and allow an upgrade for parts that are better suited for stronger setups. I have been die hard Align since day 1, but man, Gaui is sure looking better and better lol.
I have not measured frame thickness. But they`re at least 2mm thick. I`ll measure them this weekend, after the fun fly I`m attending, and let ya know for sure.

Geena

Staff member
@ Geena...Where's the fun fly this weekend you're attending? Lakeland
The event was in DeLand. It was a planker fun fly, but I crashed it and showed up with three helicopters..LOL. Had a lot of fun, and the helicopters got lots of attention.

Tony

Staff member
Nothing like crashing a planker party with some smoke makin' nitros close to the ground lol.

Top Bottom