450 Another small set back.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
This past Saturday, Fran and I took Hulk Jr. mainframe out for testing. Awesome slow spool up to 1800 RPM at 50% and started to lift off the ground when this happen:waa:. There was so much thrust coming from the 4 blade tail rotor, it shifted to the left at 60 degrees:help:. The extension bonded with JB Weld cracked at the seam. Lesson learn is would have held if already mounted inside of boom/fin of fuselage. But since it wasn't there was no bracing for the tail rotor to hold on to. The tail conversion kit I got from the UK months ago made from a 3D mode couldn't handle the stress during prior ground testing. It started falling apart and tried first taping it together, that didn't work so just JB Weld the grap out of it. So what I'm going to do is make my own tail conversion kit, I saved the gears that the belt roll on inside the box.. Took measurements of the old one and made a template. Have a piece of plexiglass that's 1.98mm thick, I'll drill holes into the booms to secure then box in place. Still believe in my JB Weld and this will use to coat the boom ends inside. Once put together whole assembled part will be a custom fit inside the tail fin portion of fuselage. Fran and I have been working on this project for so long, each mishap has only made this quest stronger. We are so close to a good hover we can taste it:banana::semi-twins:. Best regards, Jim

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Trial & error is the best way even though it's frustrating and costly at times doesn't make it easier but it's rewarding when accomplished :). Good luck and keep us posted. I know you guys will figure it out :beerchug:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Trial & error is the best way even though it's frustrating and costly at times doesn't make it easier but it's rewarding when accomplished :). Good luck and keep us posted. I know you guys will figure it out :beerchug:
We are really close to the finish line. My thumbs are switching:boldblue:

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Thank you D.O.G. for your encouragement:hdbng:

Top Bottom