General Another project. Another ?

mafesto74

Hello everybody. I'm putting together a f-35 v2 from rcpowers, & I'm planning to get an edf power system instead of the super mega jet. The edf combo that I'm planning to get is the 70mm fan, the motor is a 3000kv with a 60amp esc. What size lipo should I get. I have a few on mind, but I figure is better to ask you guys, because i have a few of them laying around but I can always get one more. Or if you guys think the edf system is too big or too small let me know which size edf unit & what battery. Thanks for all the help all this time.

Tony

Staff member
The problem with EDF's is there is no torque. Meaning you have to be moving quite fast at all times to keep the plane in teh air. You can't just ramp up the power and expect it to take off. Are they fast, yes. But it takes a bit to get there. I have some videos on an F-16 that I was playing with that proves this fact.

As for the battery size, we will need the specs on the motor. KV rating has nothing to do with how much power it draws, it only deals with the rpm of the motor per volt.

You also didn't mention what size battery you were wanting to run. 3s, 4s, 3000mah, 2200mah and so on. We will need this to help calculate what you can or should run.

mafesto74

Hello everybody. I'm putting together a f-35 v2 from rcpowers, & I'm planning to get an edf power system instead of the super mega jet. The edf combo that I'm planning to get is the 70mm fan, the motor is a 3000kv with a 60amp esc. What size lipo should I get. I have a few on mind, but I figure is better to ask you guys, because i have a few of them laying around but I can always get one more. Or if you guys think the edf system is too big or too small let me know which size edf unit & what battery. Thanks for all the help all this time.

Is the edf combo from Grayson hobby. The 70mm with with the 60 amp esc. If any body can pull the web and look then let me know please. The 49.99 combo.

Lee

Well if you look at the specs on the website, it says you need 4S. The prop version requires a 1600mah 3S, so considering the 4S will be heavier i'd stick to something around that size 1600 to 2200 depending on the weight. The motor will produce 1200g of thrust.

Top Bottom