450 Another night, a new frustration!

Lambar

Tonight I began working on the 3gx electronics. I can't make the 3gx unit power up. The battery is fully charged, the wires are all connected according to instructions, the unit produces the characteristic power sound, but the lights don't come on, as the manual says they should?

Any ideas? Tks.

Tony

Staff member
Your Tx is on and the Rx or satellite Rx's are plugged in and have a solid light?

Tony

Staff member
Try sticking a bind plug in it and rebinding it. Had to do that to the 600 just a few minutes ago.

Graham Lawrie

Like Tony says it sounds like it is not bound i had that recently as i had not been near the heli for a few weeks:)

Lambar

image.jpgimage.jpgSo here I am. Plugged the bind plug, powered with the battery, turned the tx on an no lights anywhere. Nothing on the Rx not the 3gx.

Here are a couple of pictures to help us out.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Luiz

Luiz Ambar

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Take your speed controller from 3gx unit,

Remove the 3gx plugs from your reciever,

Plug esc into your receiver with bind plug in your receiver,

Now do your bind process, plug in battery, turn on tx while holding trainer switch, make sure you have more than 3 feet between your tx and receiver for a good bind then reconnect 3gx including your 3gx battery to receiver lead.

stokke

If Kev's procedure don't work check the following:

ECS's throttle lead into 3GX's THR port.
Servos in 3GX's servo ports.
The two special wires from 3GX to Reciever.
The supplied power lead from the 3GX's power port to any available port in the Reciever.
Bind plug in the Receiver.
Bind it - Rx should light up.
Disconnect battery, then remove bind plug.
Power up.

Lambar

Slobberdog's procedure worked and the unit is bound. If I replug everything through the 3gx, should it now work?

Lambar

After reconnecting everything, and connecting the battery, again I get no lights on the 3gx nor the Rx.
Could I have a problem with the new 3gx?

What is this extra little cable that came with the 3gx? I couldn't figure that out. Can this be the problem?image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
You have no power going to the Rx. That is what the wire is in the last picture. Plug that into ANY port on the Rx with the bind plug in the bind port and you should get some lights.

Lambar

Ok. I plug one end on the Rx after removing one of the colored cables (any) and plug the bind connector. Where does the other end of the small wire connect to?

Slobberdog

Seeing as you got the RX bound, plug the spare wire you have into the rx battery port ensuring the signal white wire is pointing to the label on the rx, then put the other end into ther 3GX unit port buy the other wires you coneected to the rx (red orange ETC) with the white signal wire to the outside of the unit, you should then have power to both 3GX and RX

Lambar

Folks,

After a full week of business traveling I got back to my Heli! I connected the missing link and all lights came on! I will now move on to the next steps. I am sure I will be back here soon.

I will try to be as diligent as stokke from Norway was.....I read some of his posts during the time away from the bench.

Thank you all for helping so promptly.

Lambar

So....I have power to the 3gx...a green for status and a red for GOV. Even with the Tx on, I don't get a fixed light on at the Rx. I only get sparks when connecting the battery. Is something wrong?

stokke

You say you get lights on the electronics, but that when you connect the battery you get sparks?
You also mention not getting a fixed light at the Rx? Is it blinking?

When connected correctly you should have Green STATUS, red GOV, yellow (orange) light at Rx, yellow (orange) light at Satellite (if you have Sat connected).

Please provide more details for troubleshooting.

Lambar

I was happy to get lights when I initially connected the missing cable. Now I realize I have energy on the 3gx but the Rx is probably not bound. That is why I have no orange lights on receiver and satellite.

I did bind it before when binding directly from ESC to Rx. I can't figure out why the orange lights don't come on when now running through the 3gx. Any ideas?

stokke

Well your almost there. Just set the bind plug into the Rx, bind it. After your transmitter is bound, disconnect the heli battery pack. Then remove the bind plug. Plug in heli battery again - then hope for yellow light at Rx.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, don't mind the 3GX lights when doing this. They'll come back on when properly bound.

Top Bottom