Another good flight

Ken Jackson

:excitement:
Had 2 great flights today. Think I'm dialed in for now. Only 5-10 mph wind today, last 4 flights 15+ mph. Sorry to hear your news Gaba!

Modified 500 PRO - YouTube

:sorrow:

- - - Updated - - -

This is edited, like I said no camera man so I spared you the blank screen shots. Lol
Ken

Tony

Staff member
Bitchin flight bro! Keep up the great work and keep the videos coming.

Even with the camera stationary, it was great. Editing out the dead spots was a great idea. Thanks for that.

Lee

Very nice Ken, I'm dying to get my helis back in the air. 3 weeks of wind and rain :(

Ken Jackson

Thanks guys. I'm still pinching myself that I'm really flying like this. Its only been one and a half years since I bought my first $20 Coax Heli. Wow, I do have to say that I had some extra money last summer so I was able to repair crashed birds fairly quickly. I have a Blade 400 and a Honeybee King II that are sitting crashed on my work bench. I quit fixing them because I was trying to keep too many birds flying and was crashing a lot then. I have 2 very good hobby stores close by and I'm getting really good at finding bargains on EBay. I guess my point is you can learn this sport fast if you have some money to put into it but no matter what, use a simulator!!

Not sure where to go from here since I'm still learning. I am trying to put together a routine or two so I'm not always winging it. Whatever I do it will be tested on the simulator first before I put it in the air.

Ken

:pride::cheerful::encouragement::triumphant:

wolfman76

great flying ken wish i was flying like that i will soon enough between the cold and where i ive it is always windy just waiting on the ikon controller to come back in before i can setup and make adjustments on my 500 like checking pitch tail n so on...iI like going to g&g hobbies they always got good prices on parts even better then some internet stores too.... sometimes

Ken Jackson

Wolfman76

I hear you about the wind. I decided last summer that living 4 miles from Lake Michigan I was pretty much always going to have some wind. I stopped letting wind take away flying time. My only rule is has to be below 20 mph, 15 or less is better. But the biggest factor was whether the wind was consistent or it was gusting or not. I don't do gusty because it constantly changes direction and the worst is the up and down drafts that come with that type of wind.

Calm day for maiden flights for sure but after that don't let a little wind stop you, especially if your flying 500 or larger helicopters.

Oh the other thing I did was set the wind on my simulator to just below gusty. So basically I fly with the wind on all the time. If you guys are flying your simulators with no wind, our not doing yourself any favors.

Ken
:glee:
Keep it in the air!

Ken Jackson

Yep, shouldn't have got so cocky. Here is my crash video. Told myself not to fly today but did anyway. :sorrow:

Not sure what happened to get into trouble. Saved it 2 feet from the ground but then made the wrong correction. Had it for a moment though. I'll put some pictures together. Yep having fun now!! :excitement:

April 4 Coffee Creek Crash - YouTube

Ken
My revised slogan
Keep it in the air next time

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yep, shouldn't have got so cocky. Here is my crash video. Told myself not to fly today but did anyway. :sorrow:

Not sure what happened to get into trouble. Saved it 2 feet from the ground but then made the wrong correction. Had it for a moment though. I'll put some pictures together. Yep having fun now!! :excitement:

April 4 Coffee Creek Crash - YouTube

Ken
My revised slogan
Keep it in the air next time

Disorientation that you were tail in?

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Ken Jackson

Yeah pretty much. Don't think I've rolled over in that fashion before and it startled me. I was uncomfortable and was thinking about tweaking the elevator gain, should have landed then. That's what I was supposed to be doing anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Had another thought, that was my first flight with the 3G blades and it was hoping up and down on me. Thats were i was uncomfortable, it was like the expo was gone. I needed to raise it more with those blades. That sure didn't help. I did like the way it handled with the non-3G blades the last few days.

Wanted to see the difference in the blades. It was dumb, I'll admit it. Not the first and surely not the last.

Ken

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah pretty much. Don't think I've rolled over in that fashion before and it startled me. I was uncomfortable and was thinking about tweaking the elevator gain, should have landed then. That's what I was supposed to be doing anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Had another thought, that was my first flight with the 3G blades and it was hoping up and down on me. Thats were i was uncomfortable, it was like the expo was gone. I needed to raise it more with those blades. That sure didn't help. I did like the way it handled with the non-3G blades the last few days.

Wanted to see the difference in the blades. It was dumb, I'll admit it. Not the first and surely not the last.

Ken

Those don't end lol you've seen mine lol

:D

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Top Bottom