450 An Issue With Dynam E Razor 450?

Kingfish3r1

Hello RC Help,
I recently bought a Dynam E Razor 450 used from Ebay, and just set it up so that the servos are working the way they should (or what I believe is right). Im currently using a Flysky FS-T6 transmitter and R6B receiver that work great on my other helicopters. When throttle is given all the servos move up together, and raise the swashplate. Elevator, aileron, rudder and pitch servos are all working in the right directions and when given the right controls. But when I turned throttle hold off to test the motor the motor weakly twitches and just rocks the gear back and forth. What could be wrong with it?
-James

Smoggie

Or possibly a bad connection on one of the three bullet connectors between the ESC and motor, or a burned out motor winding. Easiest way to trouble shoot this sort of issue is if you have a spare motor or ESC that you know works and can be used to narrow down the problem.

BTW.. If the motor doesn't spin properly when you apply power you must close the throttle straight away.. don't try to 'force it' by giving more throttle, that's a sure way to burn out the ESC and/or motor.

Last edited:

Kingfish3r1

So I decided to take apart the heli and put it back together (sometimes I fix a lot of stuff like this) I disassembled the motor mount, removed the Esc and removed the motor. After I removed it from the copter I did an inspection of all the wiring, and connections. After finding nothing wrong I reconnected everything back the way it was and I decided to give the motor some power out of the frame and it worked perfectly. Responded all throttle movements without hesitation. Put it all back in the heli and re mounted the motor. All still works! The seller told me that he's had it on the self for about a year after he switched to planes and multi rotor . I guess connections could have gotten "stale" or something. Because Everything seems to work great now. Unfortunately I cannot fly it right now due to the large amount of wind in my area. It might have been a problem with how the motor was mounted, maybe because it wasn't touching the gear enough?

Thanks!

trainrider06

A motor too loose no, but a motor too tight would. Keep an eye on it though, could be one of those intermittent things.

Smoggie

Sounds very much like it was a bad connection on one of the bullets, that or they were shorting out against each other or against the carbon frame. Either way re-making the connections seems to have fixed it.

Top Bottom