AMA

Tony

Staff member
IMO, it is a great idea. Not only can you fly at sanctioned fields, but you are also covered if you hit anything flying with friends or something. Or so I understand anyway. I think you are covered in the full membership over the park flyers as well. And you know people lose a plane or heli every now and then, and there is that chance it could hit someone. If it does, it will help pay if they sue. I have mine, and only flew in my yard when I didn't have it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
You need to join just for the insurance alone it's worth it. Plus if you fly anywhere it's required!

wolfman76

especially if you want to join an rc club don't know of any clubs that require an AMA membership at the very least.. And like breeze and tony said it good to have that comfort of knowing you got insurance covering in case you lose your aircraft and it his someone or something.. i got mine and i even got the junior memberships for my kids even though youngest 2 are three n four the four year old like to get on the sim n shows a real interest in the hobby...

Top Bottom